Thread: Design a web site in Dreamweaver

Design a web site in Dreamweaver

Is it possible to design a web site in Dreamweaver and write coding in Visual Studio 2005? I prefer to use Dreamweaver for design as I am comfortable with it. For me, VS 2005 is a perfect tool to code a program. Can I design a site in Dreamweaver and import them to Visual Studio? Is there any problem if I develop web site that way?

Re: Design a web site in Dreamweaver

you can create a new web page by clicking on "file" at the top of the control panel of the program, then choose "New" from the the drop-down menu that appears. Choose the the "Basic Page" from the "category" menu, then choose "HTML" option. This step allows you to create a web page in HTML format. The HTML format is the most flexible web page format, so you should work in HTML if you can.

You can also do design in Dreamweaver using Visual studio 2005 but it requires lot of practice and I will suggest you join good class to do that.

Re: Design a web site in Dreamweaver

Here i will provide you the Quick steps to Follow:
    1. Go to the Site menu, and choose New Site.
      Dreamweaver has a site definition wizard that will walk you through the steps of creating a new Web site. Make sure that the Basic tab is displayed.
    2. Name your site and click Next.
      This name is for you to remember what Web site it is. I named mine "Technology Next".
    3. Leave the option "No, I do not want to use a server technology." checked, and click Next.
      Macromedia Dreamweaver MX supports many different technologies, beyond just straight HTML. But for this example, we'll be creating a basic Web site with no special technologies
    4. Leave the option "Edit local copies on my machine, then upload to server when ready" checked.
    5. Decide where you want to store the local files, and click Next.
      I tend to leave it in the default location, but if you want to change where the files are stored, click on the folder icon and surf to the directory you want.
    6. Change the "How do you connect to your remote server?" drop-down to "FTP".
      FTP is the most common way that people connect to Web servers, but Macromedia Dreamweaver offers several options: Local/Network, RDS, SourceSafe Database, and WebDAV.

7. Fill in the hostname, folder, and login name. For security leave the "save" checkbox unchecked next to the password. I recommend running the "Test Connection" option as well, to make sure that Dreamweaver can connect.
    8. Leave the option "No, do not enable check in and check out" checked and click Next.
      Dreamweaver provides an option to protect against overwriting by a team of developers. Unless you know your site will be edited by more than just you, you can leave this option checked.
    9. Review the options. If they look correct, click Done.
      You have successfully set up a site in Dreamweaver.