Thread: Which is best e-commerce software?

question Which is best e-commerce software?

Need best open source shopping cart software I want high security, flexibility and user friendly software. Which is the best one...below list:

1. OS Ecommerce
    2. Zeuscart
    3. X-Cart
    4. Zencart
    5. 3d cart

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Re: Which is best e-commerce software?

osCommerce Online Merchant is an Open Source online shop e-commerce solution that is available for free under the GNU General Public License. It features a rich set of out-of-the-box online shopping cart functionality that allows store owners to setup, run, and maintain online stores with minimum effort and with no costs, fees, or limitations involved.

Store2003 Renamed Volusion is a best ecommerce cart with free setup (but month fees for inventory size (believe it starts at $100 US). This cart allows html page generation which is often a concern for virtual business people - but major search engine don't have a problem with dynamic .php databases.

However, X-cart has support (but licensed software) so you pay for it (I believe it starts at $400, plus monthly support fees. While it also includes html generation like Volusion there is a small problem in that the top link hierarchy is always in php thus the breadcrumb trails leading back to mainpage are .php - so while a search engines and visitor start out at html pages - the hole in the top level at some point switches navigation to php (and you can't get back to html).

Magento is supposed to be pretty good (it's free). The website sold me, but I haven't had any new e-commerce work since I found out about it.

Demandware, on the other hand, has built-in features that are actually useful for the customer to find products. Look at http://www.compactappliance.com that's on demandware. God knows how much it costs though.

I Think 3DCart is Good As It offers a robust set of tools, including pretty much every feature we looked for in ecommerce software solutions. 3DCart is available in a variety of packages, ranging from as low as $19.99 (Mini) to $99.99 (Standard Plus) per month. There is a plan for any size store, regardless of how many products you wish to sell or how much storage you need. For this review we looked at the mid-range basic package, which accommodates an online store selling up to 5,000 products. The package comes with 300MB of storage space, unlimited email accounts, 25 store templates, and can accommodate up to 3GB of bandwidth a month.

andrasan Guest

I have found Zeuscart.com which is the best open source ecommerce shopping cart software.

Yes zeuscart is the best e-commerce shopping cart software.It is an open source and it is licensed under free GPL .It has many new advanced features and it user friendly.

Down Re: Which is best e-commerce software?

Not OSCommerce thats for sure!!!
    I used this third party software on my last job, and although easy to install and very robust, to modify the pages was way too much work...
    The problem is its backend, just little amounts of code on each page, holy shit it must be 30 different pages with 30 different snipets of code in 30 different folders just to build one page, using tables!!! To modify the look took me hours!!!
    No free templates online which means no ones using it... i would say OSCommerce is dated and im going for ZenCart or Magenta next time around.

Very good list but i would love to add EasyStorehosting also.

I have tried it, and it genuinely works.
    EasyStoreHosting offers e-commerce hosting without any extra charge and
    The best thing is that provide “technical support service” free of cost.
    So you have to do anything by yourself, just shoot a mail to them, they will do it for you.

The most important thing to do is to figure out what you need in an e-commerce system.
    Once you figure all that out, now you have something to research. You go and test demos of all the products then decide it.

I recommend you EasyStoreHosting if you want to get an online store launched quickly, especially if you lack technical skills.

sushants Guest

I have found 3dcart. And it is the best eCommerce software.

Hello,

Zeuscart is good e-commerce software.

Thanks

Rao Rules Guest

Try out Prestashop..!!