Thread: Best Programming Language To Learn First?

Best Programming Language To Learn First?

Hey Guys!

I want to make my career in programming. I am very fascinated about programming but still have know idea where to start first. All i know about programming is BASIC programming language that i did when i was in school. By the way, i'm a commerce graduate and want to start learning programming... So where should i start? Help guys...!

Re: Best Programming Language To Learn First?

The simplest language to learn is probably Visual Basic. However it can be limiting depending on what you want to do. You can write web based applications with it. C++ is not the easiest language to learn from scratch, in fact it is probably the hardest. Seems to me that you need to learn about programming fundamentals, fundamentals that apply to any programming regardless of language.

I asked this same question to the programers in the company I work for. Their recommendation was to start with HTML to so that it will be easy and interesting and i wouldn't get bored with programming... But i guess HTML is for web development? Correct me if i'm wrong...! I want to learn Programming, where in i can create "Programs" or "Softwares"...

Java is becoming the most demanding programming language. A lot of large corporates are looking for skilled Java developers. I would also recommend learning C# at some point, especially C# .NET. But to start with, C is the basic language ad is quite easy too... IF you learn C, you would understand C++ better. Then you can go for C# and Java... All the best...!

I would recommend Python programming language. It is a real programming language,runs on many platforms and it is FREE for download at See www.python.org. It comes with several tutorials for non-programmer. It has comprehensive references and documentation for programmers.