Thread: Extra tag gets automatically inserted

unsure Extra tag gets automatically inserted

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to edit my site, and as soon as i save and try to close everything, the next time when i open the site to edit it shows me an extra tag. I don't understand but an extra tag gets automatically inserted, with an extra <head> tag, showing me with two top shared borders. If i try to delete the second <head> tag, then my content gets automatically deleted. Can any one tell me why i'm having such problem? Does any one have any idea what can i do to get rid of this problem? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Extra tag gets automatically inserted

The excellent AdSense module does most of the heavy lifting. Obviously, this requires that the AdSense module be installed, enabled, and configured correctly.

The site administrator has the following options:

• Enable/disable insertion globally.
    • Select Ad format, channel, and group (as defined by AdSense module).
    • Edit template string for insertion - insert Adsense module tags, before or after body or teaser.
    • This could be enhanced later to use templates or regular expression replacement capabilities.
    • Enable or disable insertion for individual node type(s).
    • NEW: set minimum node body "word count" threshold, below which the inline ads will not be inserted. This uses the same technique used by Drupal's node.module for minimum word count when submitting nodes (it just counts things separated by spaces, and doesn't adjust the count for HTML tags or any other markup). The module will insert HTML comments to help you see the word counts and limits (in case you think you should see an ad, but don't, or vice versa.) This limit is 'global' to all node types, but could be enhanced later to allow setting it on a per type basis.

Re: Extra tag gets automatically inserted

The maximum number of consecutive non-space characters permitted in channel info now seems to be 29. What seems to have gone wrong is that line breaks are not being counted as breaks between words. So when you press [Enter] to get a new line the HTML <br> tag is inserted in the actual page source, resulting in something like this:

My videos are anti-establishment.<br>Whether or not you agree.

But "anti-establishment.<br>Whether" would be counted as one too-long word and have a space inserted in it.

It's also worth noting that if you press enter twice to give a blank line between paragraphs, you would have something like:

"anti-establishment.<br><br>Whether" - an even longer 'word'.

Hope this helps you