Thread: Joomla on WAMP (error)

Joomla on WAMP (error)

hi,
    I am trying to create a site in premises with Joomla on WAMP, but continuous to having a problem: during the installation, in the second page Controls pre-installation - to the voice display errors - me meeting the written one on (in red) while it would have to be off (that is green), therefore I go ahead after to have inserted the password of the Database MySQL and it gives back the following message to me of error:
    Unable to connect to the database: Could not connect to MySQL.
    Here it is stopped all and it does not make me to go ahead. You would know where to take part? I wondered if he were sufficient to execute a small modification to the PHP.

Re: Joomla on WAMP (error)

The error that you have is not legacy to the fact of the “Display errors”.Of sure the data for the DB that you have inserted in Joomla they are corrected.You had already MySQL installed on the PC? You had set up a password for the customer? The name of the DB that you have used in the configuration of Joomla is what you have in MySQL?Before installing Joomla it creates the DB if you have not made it.

It tries to make a telnet to localhost on door 3306: if it does not answer to you it means that mysql it is not in I listen and this would explain the error. Practically,when Joomla tries to connect itself to the dbms with succeeds to us.

Display Errors enters not there null with the impossibility error to connect itself to the database.

The error that you have is not legacy to the fact of the “Display errors”.Of sure the data for the DB that you have inserted in Joomla they are corrected.You had already MySQL installed on the PC? You had set up a password for the customer? The name of the DB that you have used in the configuration of Joomla is what you have in MySQL?Before installing Joomla it creates the DB if you have not made it.
    Partially you have reason, because on XAMPP - even if the parameter display errors is not changed - if I omit the password for the DB in phase of installation, makes me to proceed calmly; while I was obstinate myself to insert some and continued to having the error message: Unable to connect to the database: Could not connect to MySQL.Therefore, now all it is to place and I can work, but continuous not to understand because you say that I had to create a DB before installing Joomla. The DB does not come created automatically when the APACHE-PHP-mySQL package comes installed.

if you are installing joomla on wamp which is windows platform, do not sepcify the password. if you do you will get the above error.