Thread: Access remote directory with a public IP address

Access remote directory with a public IP address

hello,

I want to develop an interface in VB6 enabling of access a remote directory using a public IP address. I would like to know is this possible and so how do we do it ? .

thank you

Re: Access remote directory with a public IP address

And what there is to the other end of the line? A shared Windows directory? A directory in an FTP server on Linux? Anything else? Precise us a little bit your problem please.

Uh ... VB6 is really unavoidable? ...

thank you,

The directory which I want to access is a shared folder on windows that contains files that can be downloaded .

Sorry for Jumping in Your Thread pls Excuse me . i have had similar query so i thought to asked it here only

Is it possible to me, with my cellphone (Nokia 6681) to access an remote directory in another Nokia 6681?I mean, can I develop an J2ME application that allows me with my cellphone to download files that are in a directory in another cellphone? I don't know if I was clear... if somebody didn't understand plese tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sloane View Post
    Sorry for Jumping in Your Thread pls Excuse me . i have had similar query so i thought to asked it here only

Is it possible to me, with my cellphone (Nokia 6681) to access an remote directory in another Nokia 6681?I mean, can I develop an J2ME application that allows me with my cellphone to download files that are in a directory in another cellphone? I don't know if I was clear... if somebody didn't understand plese tell me!
    If you want to access the other phone from far away (so not using Bluetooth) it is getting challenging. The problem is that you need to create TCP/IP connection to the phone, but getting the IP addres to connect to would be quite complicated. You would need to use a proxy server, and the connections would need to be initiated from the both phones to the server... Of course both phones would need to have the sharing application also running.You could also check the mobile web server project

http://opensource.nokia.com/projects...ver/index.html