Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics & other programming in Turbo C/C++

This is a place to post ur problems related graphics programmin in Turbo C/C++.
    Turbo C/C++ is the compiler used in almost all colleges for C, and any one having any problem can post here, and surely some one will solve ur problem. It is better to have many heads thinking.

Hi aadipa,
    yes i agree with u. Turbo C/C++ is mostly used in all colleges. aadi if u r on broadband can u upload this compiler in the download section. I wud done it myself but i am on dial-up. If possible plz
    I have asked sandy to sub divide this programming section for different languages so all C/C++, VB etc related stuff will not mix up. Lets see.

sorry, i am on dial up too

Turbo C++ 3.0 is not free Ferrari, but TC++ 1.0 is and is available on the Borland site. So is TC 2.0 They're antique s/w now and Borland is giving them away for free. Turbo Pascal 7.0 is also free. I'll try to find the links on the Borland site

hi sumeet, the reason i asked to upload turbo is coz on borland they ask u to fill a form and then email u the download link. I think tech-arena should have a copy of Turbo C instead of submitting a direct link.

Is TC++ 3.0 free? Anyway, I just added TC 2.01 and TC++ 1.01 to the downloads section. But it's not showing that it was added by me! Hehe. If v3.0 is free, then please gimme the link and more info
    Last edited by Sumeet; 20-02-2004 at 05:46 PM.

here is a link to 256 colors VGA Programming in TC++
    http://www.brackeen.com/home/vga/index.html

TC++ 3.0 uses the same VGA programming as that of TC, so u can use material in above link in your procedural C programs too. No need of Object Oriented Language C++

hi aadi thnx for that link

sumeet if u want Turbo C/C++ 3.0 then i shall upload it for you and every1else from a cyber. It's around 3 MB file(rar).

lethal_shrapnel Guest
    hey. ihave a problem with my C++ graphics. i am trying out a simple pacman program with turbo c++. the problem is that everytime the circle (pacman) moves.. it leaves a trail. i had earlier solved this problem by using cleardevice within the for loop, but then i had to print all the obstacles again.

so i then started to print a black ellipse over my previous circle. this cleaned up the screen quite a bit and i dint have to reprint the obstacles. now.. theres a fresh problem. everyime the value of x or y exceeds the maximum value or minimum value depending on the position of pacman.. i reset their values to keep the game goin on one screen. the problem is that then a circle is printed at the edge of the sceen everytime i transport myself from one side to the other. i am unable to remove that one solid circle. as a result the game screen gets cluttered with several circles around the edges alone.

Is there any way atl all to solve this problem?? is there no way to print an ellipse continuously moving without having a trail..

id appreciate your help

1. Keep current x, y in temp variables x_old, y_old
    2. Check direction, and calculate next position and store values in x, y
    3. Check for bounding rectangle/monstor collision, reset values of x, y accordingly
    4. Now if x!=x_old && y!=y_old, erase pacman/monstor at x_old, Y_old, and draw at x, y

For better effects, use getimage() and putimage().
    Last edited by aadipa; 21-02-2004 at 08:31 PM.

i have uploaded a packman developed by my friend. its only the exe and if u want the source for the reference, pls contact him at the e-mail address given in the comment of the zip file

[Do not hotlink. Freewebs doesn't support hotlinking. Link won't work. Use a '_' before the link so to copy paste link in browser address bar]

_http://www.freewebs.com/adpinfo/PACMAN.zip about 75kb
    Last edited by ferrari; 21-02-2004 at 11:58 PM.

LETHAL U CAN REFER THIS SOURCE CODE.THE PROBLEM IS THE CODE COMPILES WITHOUT ERROR BUT WHEN I RUN IT I GET A BLANK SCREEN. CAN SOME1 HELP ME. I THINK THE ERROR IS IN THE GRAPHICS.HPP HEADER FILE. THE COMPILED EXE IS INCLUDED.

-http://ferrari.tech-arena.com/c_c++_codes/pacman.zip

Ferrari Whats ur age ?Ur a great programmer .I would love to learn from u.

i checked the code and found following problems

1. #include contains a static path.
    2. the path contains '\' as separator like c:\tc\pacman\xxx.h
    it should be either
    a. c:\\tc\\pacman\\xxx.h ----- or
    b. c:/tc/pacman/xxx.h

also all .lvl and .wal files are expected to be in the folder from where u run the .exe

Basically #include or any part of program shold never contain full path of the reference file. so it should be #include "xxx.h" in each file and the directory while compiling should be set to pacman folder.

With above changes done, the code compiles, and now shows the start screen with a level drawn and hangs there. This must be some unhandled exception. I am going through code and post the solution if found.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast