Thread: certificate problem with outlook 2007

certificate problem with outlook 2007

I am getting a certificate problem popup after moving my server. In the Outlook 2007, I am getting the below error:

"There is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authoritty. Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server domain.com (Error Code 8)"

But ir sounds like a broader problem than just outlook, because I have installed the cert in the trusted root authorities store and it still doesnt work. I have also tried to re-run the CEICW and make a new certificate, which will also not solve it. The email is working fine on the server level, and I can confirm through OWA. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

The problem that you are facing can occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

1. The connection to the server requires a certification authority (CA).
    2. You have not trusted the certification authority at the root.
    3. The certificate may be invalid or revoked.
    4. The certificate does not match the name of the site.

To solve this issue, follow the method given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923575/en-us

You can try to Create an Outlook Profile for Users to Use with RPC over HTTP. For your users to use RPC over HTTP from their client computer, they must create an Outlook profile that uses the required RPC over HTTP settings. These settings enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) communication with Basic authentication or NTLM authentication. SSL is required when you use RPC over HTTP. More information is given on this website - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e...CHG.65%29.aspx

It might be that your CA is not properly installed and you failed to reinstall it. So, to make the RPC over HTTP to work, you dont need to install other certificate but use the certificate that is generated by CECIW, please try the following:
    1. First of all try to re-run CEICW on the SBS server;
    2. After that check on the Outlook 2007 client Windows Vista computer, remove the old SBS certificate by opening the Internet Explorer then Content and Certificates; (note: you need to open IE as administrator)
    3. Now, by using the Windows Vista computer to connect the RWW website to install the new certificate;
    4. After that you need to open IE and type http://<yourcomanywebistename>/remote , then you will be asked to install a certificate from the SBS server;
    5. Now you can try to re-configure a Outlook 2007 profile for PRC over HTTP and try again to connect the SBS server.