Thread: Cannot Connect via remote desktop

Cannot Connect via remote desktop

I am working on RDP setup on Windows server but I am not able to work on the same. There is a issue with remote desktop connectivity. It is a bit complicated to find the actual issue. I am constantly getting a error on my system that the system is not able to connect. I had tried to continue the internet connection wizard but still it is not working. The connection for RWW is failed. I am trying to access the url but still there is a error on the page. So I just want some help to connect through RWW and Remote desktop.

Re: Cannot Connect via remote desktop

It is necessary that you must begin with the setup from scratch. It is necessary that you give a detailed description of error you are facing. My system has 2 NIC installed. First was working well and the second was having some issue with driver updates. Later on due to the internal firewall the connection is blocked and causing the issue. On the router there is no firewall but on my pc there is a firewall and it was causing the trouble. After turning all off things went proper.

RE: Cannot Connect via remote desktop

I think you are not able to work on RDP on SBS. You have not explained your issue in detail due to which it has become a bit complicated to find out solution. Later on there was issue with the connectivity also. It is correct to first disable your firewall and then check the same again. You must ensure that none of your security application must be causing the blockage. The user account that you are using must have proper authentication also or else the issue will be common.

RE: Cannot Connect via remote desktop

I also need some help to connect my system to a server using a vpn. I had installed ISA properly and there was no issue with the same. I had installed that using the CEICW wizard. I thought windows will do all the process and configure the steps. There are two 2 NIC installed on the system. There is a router connected to the switch. I had tried to work on the RWW and RDP but still with static ip it was not working at all.

Did you tried running windows update. It would be a better option to fix this kind of problem. You can go in Event Viewer and find out a detail log report that puts more highlight on the error. You can post the description here and on that basis it will be easier to deal with the issue. There is one more thing that you can try. You have to assign a dedicated port to the service. If it has a separate port it will work in more better way and there will not be any issue. A number of time due to firewall large amount of ports are blocked.

I am still facing with the same problem. I had tried to work with the step that offer a auto configuration but still the problem remain intact. It is a bit annoying to assign a separate port for each service. Windows in itself must be capable of doing that. So it must do the same automatically. Still I am struggling to find a proper way that really works can give a optimum output on what I am looking for. I hope there will be some way to fix it.

Try to add the ip configuration manually. And then check the same one more time. It looks there is requirement of manual configuration. You must run CEICW again and then see in wizard mode whether it is working well or not. There can bug with IP configuration also. Try to check out what number of ports are open. There are set of detail manual available on the web that will guide you more on the same.

Did you tried windows update. It is one of the easiest way to fix the problem. First you have to ensure that your internet is active and allow a constant connectivity. If still it is not working then the problem lies with router. There can be some internal settings which are causing the blockage. Changing the router can be another best way to deal with the security problem. Microsoft offers some online hotfix that can fix a series of problem. You can find that on the official website.

Try this out. First disable RRAS and then go the routing and remote access console settings. There you can find a name as SBSname. You have to click on routing and remote access console and disable the same. Later on again run Remote Access Wizard and then check back. I hope it must be working fine know. In your SBS 2003 go to the To Do list and on the left side click on Server Management console. Click on Enable Remote Access > VPN Access and then click on next. Now here you will need to type the public domain name first and click on finish.Now check back the problem must be resolved. There would be no issue with the connectivity and other stuff.

I am here trying to work on a vpn connection. It will allow me to connect to the server using a external internet provider. You can try working on the unsecure wifi network and I am sure it will work. I also find the problem with protected network. If you are on the different network it is necessary that you are on a unsecured connection. The failure mostly appear when the security connection does not allow you to login actively on Windows.