Thread: Server Restarts Excatly Every Hour

Server Restarts Excatly Every Hour

I am facing weird issue with Windows Server. It was working well but suddenly it started restarting. It happens after a hour only while in the mean time it works well. But it reboots exactly after a hour. It is a bit annoying. I am not able to find solution for the same. I had disconnected all the stuff from the laptop and isolated it. But still it is not working fine. It looks there is some kind of hardware failure which is causing the problem.

Here is a link that can help you. Your guess is right that there can be some kind of hardware failure due to which you are getting problem. The best way to find out about the same is in Event Log. In that you can find out the issue related to power failure. Sometime to due to faulty services this kind of errors are more common. You can perform windows update and then check back.

It can be software error also. Because you said that you had simply isolated all the hardware. Even after that if it is turning off then the major culprit behind the problem is power supply. You will need to change that and test. My last system was having some similar kind of issue. First the system restart after shutdown. It just could not completely turn off. It was really annoying. Later on I changed the psu and things are fine.

Hello, Geoff.
    Looks like I've got exactly the same problem this day.
    After a months of working server started rebooting hourly.
    No warnings, no event records...
    Did you find the exact reason of rebooting when solved your problem?

Re: Server Restarts Excatly Every Hour

I wanted to throw this out there to anyone who may be having an issue with SBS restarting each hour. According to http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;824196
    if you disable the License Logging Service,

"This article does not apply to Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003. Do not disable the License Logging Service on SBS 2003. If you disable the License Logging Service on SBS 2003, the server will restart every 60 minutes."

I was doing some research on the effects of disabling it, and I thought I'd share to help anyone who may still have issues with this.