Thread: Cannot run ATI Catalyst setup on SBS2003R2SP2

Cannot run ATI Catalyst setup on SBS2003R2SP2

I am facing problem while installing ATI Catalyst on SB 2003. I had contacted amd for the problem but it looks that there is no respond from it. As per the specification which is mentioned I was able to to use the same. But it looks complicated. I am not able to work on the same in admin mode also. I am looking for some help that allow me to install Catalyst on SBS 2003. I tried to run windows update also but that does not work. I am bit annoyed with the same. Is there any idea how can really work on the same.

It is due to the incompatibility of drivers. You have to check back the compatibility you had not verified the version. If you had attached the graphic card then you will need to perform windows update and then you can receive driver in the same also. I had spend a good amount is buying a gpu and later on I found that it does not work well on windows server. Then only it is going to work.

It is necessary that you must first try to find the source of issue. Then only you will be able to troubleshoot the problem. A number of time different hings can cause the issue. Somehow the driver is actual cause of the issue. There are chances that you can install the same through compatibility mode. You must try to contact the manufacturer for more information. He would guide you for the same.

Re: Cannot run ATI Catalyst setup on SBS2003R2SP2

FIGURED IT OUT!

So here is what I have done.
    - Download x64.zip file from ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/VGA/ATI/RageXL/x64.zip
    - Run/Expand the zip to same directory
    - DO NOT run the setup file or you will get the error message,
    "Setup will only run in Administrator mode. Setup is aborting"
    - Launch Device Mgr
    - Expand the Video Driver and update Standard Video Drive. Point to directory x64.
    - The server will need to reboot
    - Display settings can be raised from 1024x786(16bit) to 1280x1024(32bit)

Note: 1600x1200 (16bit) is available but does not work on mine. If you set it to this setting and the video does not come back, connect up a higher resolution monitor and set it back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails setup-will-only-run-jpg   rage-xl-pci-jpg