Thread: RWW vbscript: remote desktop disconnected

RWW vbscript: remote desktop disconnected

I am using SBS 2003 Premium Server. All users connect to the server via RWW. Now when some of them are trying to access they are getting some error related to vbscript. The one that I had mentioned in the title. I checked in the event log but there is nothing mentioned about the error. It looks like some kind of threat. I am trying to keep a watch on the error but it comes on certain clients only. Is this a serious issue. How to fix this out.

RE: RWW vbscript: remote desktop disconnected

I would like to ask you some question that will help to get the right solution. First are you able to connect to SBS. At the time of connection does this error appear or simply after that. Go the following registry location : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft \SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\PublicTimeOut & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\TrustedTimeOut and check out the timeout settings. This is configured for security reason and due to this you might be getting the error. You can increase the timeout and see whether the error is resolved or not.

I am facing the same problem. First I had checked that all settings are fine or not. as per your instruction I had set the value of timeout to 120 and still some client are reporting the error. I had applied a .net update recently and think that the problem appeared because of it. I am also trying to run some hotfix packages but yet cannot find any solution.

In my case the problem started after installing some new software in the client. It looks some recent changes in the system is the cause of issue. I think Windows Update is responsible for the problem. You can try to get rid of some updates that are installed recently and then check back. It is necessary that you check the settings of the client workstation where you would be able to know more about the same. You try to check out the security settings also and see that it is not blocked. Some critical updates has modified the settings.

The problem on my client system started to appear when the users that are trying to connect are online. Means they are connected to the internet. While if we manage to work on the same on our network the problem does not appear. I am not facing the issue on RDP. So the difference between both is that in the local the user is part of admin group but not the part of domain remote group which might led to the error. Re-configuration of NIC will help you more about the connectivity.