Thread: Tsweb, RWW and OWA not working in Windows Server

Tsweb, RWW and OWA not working in Windows Server

I am upgrading my server to SBS 2003. I am expecting to have some better features now with more additional options. But somehow after the installation things went wrong. A number of services fail to work. I am trying to replicate all the settings but still it is not working. I am facing problem with accessing the files on server and it looks to be working, but in the background a number of errors are generated.

Try to re-install everything back again. It happens a number of time the internal services does not work properly due to which you get the problem. Try to install the same back again or the next thing you can do is change the setup. The error log will give more information on the services that fails to work and there are chances to fix them by adding all the components one by one manually.

Try to access the server through ip address. You can ping that and check out. If you are not able access the same then the server is offline or there is a problem with the connectivity. It is right that error log has ample of information on the things that are not working well. You will need to verify the dns server also. The internal ip is not able to respond. You can check out the lan adapter. Update the drivers.

I think your server is not installed properly due to which you are getting the issue. In my setup RWW was not working. I had tried to find ample of help on the same but still it was resolved only after clean format. I have to reconfigure everything back again. Sometime due to corrupt files or permission issue many things are restricted in the server. This result in more failure.

I think your system has permission problem due to which the services are stopped. You will need the admin rights or you will need to create a separate admin account with full privileges and then try back. I hope you would be able to restore the services as they were before. There is a manual on the web that has more information on this kind of problem and I am sure you would be able to get the exact process of configuration of tsweb and rww.

I am facing problem when I modified some settings in the IE. There are constant errors and I am not able to get rid of the same. The log file shows a long list of errors related to the web browser. Inside Server Manager I had checked all the properties below protocol, http, exchange, etc. But still there is some problem and nothing works out well.

re: Tsweb, RWW and OWA not working in Windows Server

It is a permission error. I will advice you to check out the login details. I had always perform a test installation before going for final setup. It makes my job more easier. I am testing the server upgrade on a test machine. I found the difference between clean installation and between upgrade. If you perform clean installation the system works far more better and all services are configured automatically while if you upgrade a number of system files are affected.

About what permission you are talking. I am not having issue with multiple services, but with RWW. It looks that the service does not allow me to connect properly still I am the admin. I researched on the same and found a set of access denied error. I had seen a KB article that says, a number of time permission cause the failure. So just want to ask that at this point does chkdsk can help. There is no tool available that fix server permissions.

This is what you will need to do. You will have to check out the integrated windows authentication and the basic one. The conflict between them is causing the problem. First try to login on OWA and see whether you are getting any username/password error. You can still verify the password and login information once again or generate a new account. That would be more easy to find out the issue.

To fix the problem with OWA. You can find a update for that issue and it would be resolved. There are series of hotfix available on the web that would give you a proper fix. Second thing you will need to do is to find out the properties of default web site in IIS. That would be more better. You can begin the connection by starting network configuration wizard and then following the screen instructions.

Does all of this apply to SBS 2008 (Standard)? I am having the exact same issue, except that I CAN access the rww internally just fine. From outside the LAN, I get the following IIS Log (5 different attempts to access the site):

I've checked firewall logs as well and it's not showing any web requests blocked. Furthermore, the default website at www.mydomain.com works! Only the subdomain remote.mydomain.com doesnt work...

is this the same issue ?