Thread: New ISP requires SMTP change...

New ISP requires SMTP change...

I need some help here. I had changed my ISP to AT&T. Before I was using Comcast. On it I was using SMTP Port 25 that changed to 465 on AT&T. I had managed all the changes. But somehow after that I found that I am not able to access the server remotely. The same I was able to access through mobile when I was on Comcast. Does this is due to port. What changes I will need to do to make this thing work.

The best way to fix the issue is running CEICW. You can simply reconfigure all the settings by running CEICW and proving all the info that you got form AT&T. This is not a big issue. You just need to configure the settings properly. The serve is working on old settings due to which you are facing the connectivity failure problem. Just run CEICW and then check back again.

Did you asked the ISP about the settings. I think they can help you. Just ask them about the modification that are needed and the customer help department will guide you for the same. I am using u-Verse. It offers a nice connectivity solution. Also there are different options that you can manage to configure the gateway and also the way to communicate with the server from remote location.

Follow the above post. The person is telling you to run CEICW. This will help you more in dealing with the problem and through that it will be able to configure Exchange using Smarthost. If there is error then notify the logs. No need to put the error details or number. Post the complete log and on that basis you would be able to find out more help.

There is nothing related to certificate here. It is clearly mentioned that the server is not able to accept the current port settings. So for sure the problem lies with some internal configuration. So it is better you should check all stuff once again and contacting your ISP will help to have more information.