Thread: Exchange - OST sync issues - online vs. cached mode

Exchange - OST sync issues - online vs. cached mode

I am using a SBS 2003 R2 on my system with Exchange SP2. From last couple of weeks I am dealing with sync problem. I found that there is some set of issue with inbound email which is not working in the client outbox. Sometime there are set of random sender which keep on appearing constantly. After login in OWA I can see the mails but if I move them it still remain in the client outlook. It looks the ost files of Outlook is not getting appropriately synced with Exchange. So this is a bit weird issue.

Re: Exchange - OST sync issues - online vs. cached mode

You referred that the mail lies properly in OWA. So according to me Exchange is working simply fine. There is no problem with it. But there can be some issue with the OST files. Can you check the size of that OST file. The problem that you are facing is coming in Outlook 2003 or 2007 or in both. You must give out a proper output on the same. You must run addin in outlook to verify the same.

Exchange 2007 and outlook 2007 in cache mode. In online mode all works well.

However i load 2 mailboxes in my outlook profile. my own and one of a coworker. If i just load my own mailbox it works well. If also add the additional mailbox the sync gets into trouble and stops.

In Owa outgoing messages appear to get stuck in the outbox. In the outlook client the outbox is emtpy.

After a while the outlook client stops syncing the received mails.
    When i set oulook in online mode all comes through again.

Did you solve your sync problem and if so, how did you do it?

Hey Rob C, I've got some users experiencing this exact behavior. Did you happen to find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by itskiguy View Post
    Hey Rob C, I've got some users experiencing this exact behavior. Did you happen to find a solution?
    If you want to resolve this issue, then try to create a new .ost file and then synchronize the folders again. To create a new .ost file, rename the old .ost file, and then synchronize the new .ost file with the computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server. When you rename the old .ost file, Outlook creates a new file. To do this, follow these steps given here.