Thread: How to restore active directory

How to restore active directory

I am in great trouble. I am having a Windows SBS 2003 Server. It was working well. But suddenly it stopped working. I had restarted the server and I found that there is no Exchagne Info Store in that. The Exchange System Attendant fails to start and there is nothing I can do. Later on the number of errors related to different services occurred. I was not at all able to authenticate the same. It failed t ocreate a DNS also. It looks somehow the AD is corrupted and I am looking for some option to restore the same. I hope there will be way to do it.

re: How to restore active directory

There are some useful links that can help you to deal with the issue. Checkout the first guide. It has detailed information on restoring the AD. It is a bit complicate to troubleshoot the problem of AD. But still there are some procedure that can help you. The problem cab be due to some recent changes in your system like windows update or some recent software installation, etc.

Active Directory Backup and Restore
    Restoring Active Directory from Backup Media

Hey Gery

Can you please tel us which are the couple of settings wich should be changed "change a coupe of settings"?

Thanks in advance.

Satbir

You can use the script in the environment ConfigureAdam.ps1 command-line Exchange Management Shell to modify the default configuration of Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) on the Edge Transport server. After installing the Edge Transport server role, you can use the script provided with Exchange 2010 ConfigureAdam.ps1 to change ports and directories used by AD LDS.

Easy dude..

Reboot your server and press F8 until you get the safe mode options. Select Directory Restore mode (or something like that). Once you are in, you can then run the restore. Once restored you need to reboot. It's very easily using backup exec (a little too easy).

I know this cuz I just had to do it. Now, I got AD working but due to some updates my Info Store stopped working.