Thread: RWW - Terminal Services Active X Web Client

RWW - Terminal Services Active X Web Client

As my subject line says, I’m facing some problems while connecting RWW with my laptop. Once I get in RWW and click on connect to Client Desktops, it shows me the following error message:

"This portion of the RWW requires the Microsoft Remote Desktop ActiveX COntrol. Your browser's security settings may be preventing you from downloading the ActiveX controls. Adjust these settings, and try to connect again."

There use to be a Menu bar, which on clicking shows this message: "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'Terminal Services ActiveX Client' from 'Microsoft Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here ..."

As running ActiveX is only the solution according to the above message, when I click to accept running ActiveX, it wont do anything. Neither downloads nor installs. So can anyone please tell me where can I get the direct download for ActiveX. Or is there any alternate way of fixing this problem?

Re: RWW - Terminal Services Active X Web Client

First of all let me make you know requirement for ActiveX. It will not work on any other browser than Internet Explore. It wont work with Firefox, Opera, Netscape, etc. Also it only works on Windows, not other OS such as Mac OS/OSX. Other than this, make sure you have proper rights to install this on your laptop you might also be restricted by the administrator from installing anything.

I appreciate your help manic but this is my personal laptop and I am the Administrator as well as a SBSP. This is the first time am facing such problem, before this I have built many other computers like this.

I have been through very similar situation and managed to fix it myself. In my case ActivXadd-on was disabled in IE. I downloaded the new RDP client and was notified in IE to go to the add-ons and enable the RDP TS ActiveX add-on. See if it works for you as well.