Thread: Can't connect to OWA - HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden

Can't connect to OWA - HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden

I have just bought a new SBS Server and mail flow is working properly. Even when I tried to connect to OWA via http://myipaddress/exchange then I get a HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected. There is also error with. There is also error with the IIS. I have checked the settings and every virtual folder under my exchange default website has "Denied Access", except the following - 10.0.0.100 255.255.255.0 which is the small business address and subnet and 127.0.0.1. I have also another SBS 2003 and compared to this, I dont have these permissions on the other server and OWA has always worked fine on it. Also, mycompanyweb does not work either, I am just getting a page cant be displayed issue. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

RE: Can't connect to OWA - HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden

It seems to me like you have an IP Address restrictions turned on. You can try to go into IIS and right on the Exchange virtual folder or any other folder you need to change. After that, go to the "Directory Security" tab. After that select "Granted Edit button under "IP address and domain name restrictions". After that select "Granted Access" and then remove any ip address you have listed in the white box below. It will then allow you to access OWA from the outside world. Also do not forget to check the IP address restrictions for your "Default Web Site".

RE: Can't connect to OWA - HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden

The issue that you might be facing because each client has a unique IP address. If the server defines a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the site and the IP address you are using is on this list, you will receive the error message. This is a feature that grants or denies specific users access to a Web site, directory, or file. More information can be found here - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;248043