Thread: Monitoring and Reporting showing "Page cannot be displayed"

Monitoring and Reporting showing "Page cannot be displayed"

I am having a SBS 2003 Standard R1 SP1 with three NICs. Out of these three nics, only one is in use. I’ve configured Monitoring, Reporting and Backups but when I try getting reports it gives me an error saying "page cannot be displayed". Also I ran the setup and next day I received an error saying 404 Not Found. Tried searching web for some help and found a guy saying to uninstall Monitoring and Reporting. I also removed registry entries and folders and restarted.

Later I installed back Monitoring and Reporting again, rerun the setup for Monitoring again but yet the same error messages and problems. Somebody please help.

Re: Monitoring and Reporting showing "Page cannot be displayed"

When you get the HTTP 404 error with Monitoring and Reporting email it is because the Web Request is redirect by stsfltr ISAPI filter bound to Default Web Site. As there use to be no "Windows SharePoint Services" Web Service
    Extensions for stsfltr filter, so, the owssvr.dll cannot be found and it displays 404 Not found error. In order to fix the same you need to set the ISAPI filter for Default website to default. Here is how you can do the same:

• Open the IIS console and open the properties page of Default Web Site
    • Click to select ISAPI Filters
    • Please delete the stsfltr Filter. The correct and default filters are listed as followings

SBSFLT C:\inetpub\sbsflt\sbsflt.dll
    Fpexedll.dll C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web
    Server Extensions\50\bin\fpexedll.dll
    OwaLogon C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ExchWeb\bin\auth\OwaAuth.dll
    • Once done follow the below steps to create correct Web Service Extensions:
    • Open IIS, and select Web Service Extensions,
    • Right click "Web Service Extensions" and select Add a new Web Serviceextension...
    • Specify "Windows SharePoint Services" as the Extension name.
    • Click Add to add the following DLL to the list.

Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\ISAPI\_VTI_ADM\admin.dll
    Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\ISAPI\_VTI_AUT\author.dll
    Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\ISAPI\owssvr.dll
    Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\ISAPI\shtml.dll
    • Check Set extension status to Allowed, and then click OK.

Re: Monitoring and Reporting showing "Page cannot be displayed"

OK the article from Lucile solved my problem. I needed to add in 127.0.0.1 IP
    to the default web site.

Thank you very much