Thread: Roaming profile and my documents redirection not working with domain users

Roaming profile and my documents redirection not working with domain users

Just purchased new server hardware and have reinstalled sbs using the same domain name and user accounts. Thought I would start from scratch seeing as had some problems with some of the user accounts on old server. Well now the roaming profiles and my documents redirection do not work with Domain Users, but do with Domain Admins? I have used xcacls and subinacl to make sure all securities are set and have set all the sharing and securities the same as old server settings. Why are Domain Users not working? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Try to drop the user first back to workgroup and then re-join him. Later on check whether it is working fine or not. You will need to find a new account sid and checkout new profiles also. It is necessary that you use the same kind of domain/server. The SID act as the difference between two server and on that this kind of problem appear commonly. Try to rejoin the user back to the workgroup and then check again.

thanks

I had logged off the network and logged back on again before trying the above. To fix the problem I have created a new profile and my documents share for the users and then told then they will have recreate their pretty desktops and copy their documents in to their new my documents from the old ones that I have shared for everyone for now. Fortunately we don't need much security so for now they can copy their documents and I will unshare the old my documents in a week or so. I can't wait for the moans and groans tomorrow when they realise they have to find that backdrop for their desktop again that they so loved. Oh well, it works for me and thats all that matters. thanks again for the advice.

re: Roaming profile and my documents redirection not working with domain users

Try to work with folder redirection. I think the roaming profiles here are not working well and generating other kind of error also. You can begin with server share first. You just need to begin with new folder and ensure to set offline files. Later on fix all the permission by allowing full access to the profiles created. Do not forget to set the ntfs security also. It is also necessary. Later on you can try specifying the aduc properties.