Thread: Exchange tab missing for user accounts created before Exchange service installation ?

Exchange tab missing for user accounts created before Exchange service installation ?

We are running SBS 2003 R2 console. As my title says, here is my situation: I installed SBS 2003 without the Exchange services and created various User Accounts. After this, I installed MS Exchange Services and then again created few more User Accounts.

Now the problem am facing, as per my subject line, the user accounts which I created after installing Exzchange services are populated with the right email address but the accounts which created before installing Exchange are having blank email address. They even wont allow me to configure the email address because there is no Exchange tab on the users properties. Very strange for me.

Is there any way I can activate these users email address automatically? Please help.

Re: Exchange tab missing for user accounts created before Exchange service installation ?

I think I know the steps to do this. Start by going to Active Directory Users & Computers. Here right click the user accounts who does not have Exchange attributes showing in Properties. Now click on Exchange Tasks and follow the instructions to create the mailbox.

Now there should be the Exchange Tabs under their Properties and correct address should be automatically generated. If in case Not, then click the box to automatically generate addresses based on recipient policy, at the bottom of the E-mail Addresses tab. Let me know if you face any problem during this.

Re: Exchange tab missing for user accounts created before Exchange service installation ?

Thank you very much for such a great info friend. I’ll surely give it a try In next few hours and let you know the results.

I think you only need to change the existing addresses in case senders are not able to use it. Better add a default SMTP address for your users. To know you can do this, check the steps provided in this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;285136