Thread: DSM SA Data Manager service won't start

DSM SA Data Manager service won't start

I found my weeks report from the Server Management app and saw that the service listed in the title is not running. I have tried many times to restart it but I kept getting an error that states "Windows could not start DSM SA Data Manager on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 261." After checking the event logs I found Event ID 7024 for Source: Service Control Manager. Is there anyone who can help? Thanks.

Re: DSM SA Data Manager service won't start

I cannot say for sure that BE might be involved in this or not. But I had instances where Arcserve backup grabs a port that is needed by Open Manager, causing OM services to start and then immediately shut down. Arcserve has a batch file that shuts down every part of their app. So, after running that, starting OM, and then restarting the Arcserve services causes Arcserve to grab a different port and everything works.

Alright, thanks for the reply, I will try to do whatever you have asked.

If anyone else is having this problem then try to go into iws.ini file and then change the port from 1311 to 10010 or something else. Actually the service will not start if there is a port conflict. You can try to find it out by usually clicking on Start and then in the Search box type cmd and then open command prompt and type this word netstat -ao.

If you are on a Dell machine getting this error then open manage storage tools or else there might be a previous OMSA installation also. Aftert hat go to Add and Remove Programs and then check if you can see anything like Dell or OpenManage listed there, if so then uninstall it. After that try download 7.1 OMSA release from this link - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/...eid=2988786966.