Thread: Domain controller security policy disabled

Domain controller security policy disabled

There is a bit problem with domain controller security policy. I am not able to understand how it got disabled on its own. I went inside the administrative tool and found it disabled. While turning the same on I got a error message related to failed to open gpo. You do not have appropriate rights. This is really weird. Is there a way to fix this and enable dc once again. I had gone through different number of steps but nothing worked on that. Any idea.

It is a common issue. The only reason behind is that your user account is not having rights to modify the settings of domain controller. Because of which you are getting that error. So it is necessary that you must try to make changes with another admin account. You must try to login with another administrator account and then try to make changes and I am sure it will work. Is there any additional DC in the network. You have to first checkout the service status. Set the same to automatic and then check again. If still this does not work then there is registry bug in the system.