Thread: Outlook could not logon to the outgoing mail server - Exchange server

Outlook could not logon to the outgoing mail server - Exchange server

I am facing a very annoying issue with Outlook 2003. I am not able to connect the same to Windows Server. I am using SBS 2003. When I test the settings I am getting a active result. So the same looks to be working fine. But still it is not giving the expected results. I need some help here to configure Outlook on Windows server. It is very annoying and it is not at all giving active result. There can be issue with server name also, but I am not at all sure about it.

What things you tried. Did you tried to configure the settings manually. Like adding each and every stuff one by one. I hope that would be a bit helpful to you. There are some updates that can help you. But to some extent the bug can be with configuration only. Outlook mostly fails to connect with the issue lies with authentication. That is the major bug.

Exchange and POP3 email

We have got a SBS 2003 with exchange domain controller server. Exchange is setup for internal email access and we can send and receive emails with no issues. I have been asked to add a pop3 mail server so employees can access their email externally, and this is where I am facing problem. I have checked the POP3 connector manager in the Server Admin and the setup seems correct. Under each user for exchange features the pop protocol is enabled and running. If I am adding the email account in outlook and click on 'test settings' to establish network connection that it is fine, find outgoing mail server is also fine along with find incoming mail server, but logon to incoming mail server fails and send test email also fails. Can anyone tell me how to setup pop3 email for exchange 2003 on SBS 2003? Thanks for any help.

Re: Exchange and POP3 email

Alright, the POP3 Connector is to connect the SBS box to your Hosted Website to collect email which is not used for Clients to receive mail. For POP3 clients, all you really need is POP3 Services started in services.msc and port 110 open. But my suggestions is to not use POP3 at all because you will loose functions. I would say that we should learn how to configure RPC over HTTP. It is so good, that you will be glad that you dont even use POP3.

I think that one should not setup a pop3 mail server, since SBS comes out of the box with all the tools we need for remote users. There is this Outlook Web Access that will let users access their mail from any web browser anywhere. There is also Outlook over HTTP that allows you to install Outlook for user who are remote and connect over the internet to the Exchange server and gives them the excat same Outlook features as if they were in the office.

Outlook could not logon to the my exchange server

Looking for some help with an aggravating problem. It started with there being a problem with my domain renewal and the domain being suspended temporarily.
    The email associated with the domain also stopped working with my 2007 Outlook program and my smartphone (different service provider). After the domain renewal went through, my smartphone was able to log back in and send/receive emails-but my Outlook has not been able to yet (the errors reads that there is a problem with the login info). I have tried a dns flush, deleting any web history, deleting & recreating same email profile in Outlook, checking many times to confirm all settings were correct, and talking with my domain & internet provider (who point fingers back at each other). I am still able, however, to log onto my website.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for all your info. I did not realize that my title had "-exchange server" in it as this is not the case with me--my email account is pop3.
    Same problem/question applies...(but for pop3)
    This is my first time posting to any forum like this--forgive my ignorance!
    I appreciate your help.

Re: Managing Distribution Lists with External Contacts

How about doing this with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003?