Thread: Server Stuck at "Applying Personal Settings" & Clients stuck at "Applying Computer Settings"

Server Stuck at "Applying Personal Settings" & Clients stuck at "Applying Computer Settings"

Hi, I’m in need of some urgent help. We are running SBS 2003 Premium system. Just yesterday we installed NOD antivirus Remote Administrator before leaving the office. Today morning, so far everything was working fine but just a few hours ago, there was only one client logged in to the server, suddenly his PC locked up. After few minutes I found that my server is locked up.

We tried some workaround but nothing worked hence we rebooted both server and client and now these both are stuck at Applying Personal Settings and Applying Computer Settings, as mentioned in the title above.

Any idea what has went wrong and how can I fix it up? Please help.

Re: Server Stuck at "Applying Personal Settings" & Clients stuck at "Applying Computer Settings"

As you said the problem actually started after installing NOD antivirus Remote Administrator, why don’t you just uninstall the same and see if the problem still occurs? I guess the Antivirus is conflicting with some services. I have seen this situation with one of my friends SBS, in his case it was the APC UPS software that needed an update because of a conflict with a Norton install/update.

Re: Server Stuck at "Applying Personal Settings" & Clients stuck at "Applying Computer Settings"

I appreciate your help 1kshana, but you are talking about Norton and we are running NOD32 Antivirus. Also we have updated its APC to the most recent version, I doubt if this could be the cause of the issue. Also let me tell you that meanwhile somehow I managed to get into the server, opened Services and shut down the Exchange Services, I then
    proceeded to shutdown the SQL Server Services but they remained in the stopping state. Do I still need to remove NOD ?

Re: Server Stuck at "Applying Personal Settings" & Clients stuckat "Applying Computer Settings"

Have you checked if it is a computer browser issue?

browstat status

Ive had similar issues and it always comes down to CB