Thread: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NtFrs service

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NtFrs service

We dont know why we are getting an event 7011 Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NtFrs service on SBS 2003. I have checked the refrences to exclude different system folders from Antivirus realtime scanning and also disabling the autodisconnect feature for lan connections but nothing seems to be working. It seems to coincide with the Shadow Copy and then happens at anytime. When it happens then the server locks up for 1 minutes and freezes and after that everything will become normal. Is there any real fix for this issue Thanks.

RE: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NtFrs service

You can try to repair/fix/reset the DHCP database and see if that helps. If the DHCP server database becomes corrupted or is lost, simple recovery is possible by replacing the server database file (Dhcp.mdb), located in the % SystemRoot %\System32\Dhcp folder, with a backup copy of the same file. More information can be found here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc958954.aspx

Re: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NtFrs service

It will always freeze around sometime but will record the same Event ID 7011 multiple times throughout the day and evening. Everything is accompanied by the server that seems to freeze for a minite or so. I have also excluded all of the MS recc. directories from Antivirus scanning and have also turned off the antivirus scanning temporarily but that didnt help me. I will try to follow the instructions given by you and see if that helps.

I think that your SBS server works well except hangs for a while at sometime. Can you try to check some settings, like for example, check if there are any additional DCs in SBS domain? If not then on the SBS Server, go to Start and then Run "services.msc", and then right click File Replication Service, and choose to Stop. See if the problem occurs again.

Re: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NtFrs service

Yes, there is another DC in the network, so is there somethine else we can try in terms of logging to why this is happening? Thanks

Try to use the methods that may be used to recover a corrupted Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) database, given at this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/173396