Thread: Blue screen error on SBS Standard 2011

Blue screen error on SBS Standard 2011

I am getting a blue screen error on SBS Standard 2011. We just shifted our office and moved all stuff properly. The server is connected in the same manner as it was before in the older office. To get better performance out of it we just re-installed everything from scratch. All things are configured properly and some new upgrades are also added to the server. But when I start working on the same I am getting a blue screen error on the same. We had never faced this before. How to stop this error.

Re: Blue screen error on SBS Standard 2011

Looks like some kind of unstable file causing the issue. What is the error that you are getting on the screen ? You can just boot your system in safe mode and then go in Event Viewer. Copy the complete error information and paste it here. What new things you added to the server ? Just provide a more detail info here to get proper solution.

Blue screen are commonly caused due to ram fault. So the first thing you have to check is verify the memory sticks. I think that will be more helpful. It is essential that you must simply verify the memory sticks first. That will be more helpful in dealing with the issue you are facing. There are ample of nice tools available to test the ram problem. One of them is MemTest. You can download it and burn it on a DVD. Boot your system through that and run a full ram test. If there is no error detected then there can be some other issue. Blue screen errors can also be caused due to software bug. Like a damage drive file, or corrupt Windows Update. It is essential that you must properly verify the cause of issue. Event Logs is a great place to find the associated problem with different files. It gives you information on the dll or exe file which is associated with the crash. You can then simply fix it or get rid of the same to make your system work more properly. One more thing you can do to temporarily stop the error is wipe out any newly installed applications. I am talking about removing them. Disable all the services and then test them one by one. If there is no hardware fault then this can help you to locate the exact cause.

It is always recommended to create a backup of your system. This offers you easy restore when you face such issue. It is essential that you must simply run a complete system repair and test out. I think this would be more helpful to you in fixing the problem. Just run a simple restore operation and test back.

There are some ways to quickly restore the system in case of major failure. The first one is startup repair. Boot your system with Windows Server Bootable disc. In that you can see the installation menu. At the lower side you can see a Repair option. Click on that. It is a basic startup repair which will fix the problem if there are any services causing the issue. You will need to fix them up and test back. But if it does not work then you can go ahead with hardware testing. Like removing the ram and adding them back again one by one on different slots. You can later on simply also try to disconnect other attach hardware and hook them back. The best way to get rid of this issue is simply installing SBS 2011 again back from scratch. This time go slowly with the configuration. You can one by one install required drivers and software's as per your need. Bluescreen are really annoying error and it is not easy to get rid of them. You must try to find a more proper way of fixing the problem. Whenever you are downloading or installing a new software verify the compatibility with server. If it is not then you are again risking your server to crash soon. The same is application for Windows Update also.

That is the reason I always keep a system image of my entire server. It is easier to restore with complete settings and services. Whenever you face issue you can just restore it back with the image file with all settings and configuration. So that is one of the most easiest way to run a recovery process.