Thread: SBS 2003 Companyweb Being redirected

SBS 2003 Companyweb Being redirected

Hello all,I am new to this form as of today. I am having an issue with my (intranet) site. Let me give you a veiw of my network.
    My PDC use to be an SBS 2003 Standard box, I used SBS Transistion Pak to convert it to 2003 R2 standard Server. This was done over four years ago. Through the past few years some of the SBS stuff started to become non functional, one being the remote web workspace. Monday 5/14/2012, when users tried to access the site it would go to the home page for just a couple seconds then it redirects itself to a Youtube video, "MBA for Dummies".
    This to me seems to me to be a DNS issue. I check My DNS Server and the path seems to be correct. And one other strange thing that I found, I can not locate the default.aspx file for my site anywhere on the server. Now we can land on the home page by stopping the redirect by hitting the red X in the address bar when the site starts to load before it redirects. Some of My files seem to be missing on the site also. This is a closed site, it can not be accessed from the internet, so whatever has happened should be an inturnal server issue. To me it acts like a DB corruption. Any help on this would be very greatful.

Thank you

Re: SBS 2003 Companyweb Being redirected

Can you try to go to command prompt and ping companyweb. Does it return the internal IP address of the server? If no, go to the DNS console and see where companyweb points to. If that doesn't help, go to IIS Manager, then right click on 'companyweb' select 'properties' and make sure under the 'home directory' tab that the choice "A directory located on this computer" is selected and not "A redirection to a URL".

I can ping both the companyweb and the server IP address. DNS was and is pointing correctly In IIS Home Directory Points to an internal location, it is not pointing to a redirect URL. But I seemed to fix this issue. What I did was: 1) stopped IIS. 2) deleted the DNS records. 3) then re-created, also added a reverse look up pointer. 4) shut down the Server and restarted 5) Checked to ensure that all services were started. Tested the Companyweb.default.aspx and The Site seemed it was not going to open ,(took a few seconds) Then "wala" the main page opened and did not redirect.

Very weird issue, it seems to have created itself don't know how or why.

One last thing, I can not locat the default.aspx file. It is not visible in the storage location. I did a full server search it never was found. Now how is it that the site opens and functions but I can't find the file? Any help would be great.

The default page vanished after I used Sharepoint designer to edit the page a couple years back, I just never solved the missing file issue.

Any help would be great

Can you try to click on the CompanyWeb Virtual Directory and in the middle pane look for some default document, after that check whether the default.aspx is remanining at the top or not, if it is not then on the right side pane you will be able to find the option to move it up, check if that helps or not.

Not real sure I understand your path. Under the directory there are no default docs. What do mean by middle pain, the window only has two pains. And what do you mean "check whether the default.aspx is remaining at the top or not"? The default.aspx is missing it is no where to be found in any folder that I look in. I ran complete server file search and the file is not found.

I have seen that the company web is included in the Sharepoint databases and you should move it from the system partion. You can check the below link for more information on how to do it:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=8935