Thread: Had some trouble with Godaddy Cert.

Had some trouble with Godaddy Cert.

SBS 2008/Exchange 2007. I think I have done a BooBoo. When all was working I had remote.myDomain.org. RWW works fine.

Then I purchased a new domian name as our organisation changed. Let's call it myNewDomian.org.uk. I set up the A record for both domains to point to our fixed IP address.

I then configured this new domain in the Exchange Management Console alongside with the other one both "internal relay". The authoritative one is the local domain.local. This para may be a red herring at this stage. All emails via POP3 come via the myDomain.org email server to Exchange.

Now I have purchased a Godaddy Cert. and installed it. It references myNewDomain.org.uk. I am now getting browser error pages when we access RWW and Remote Desktop although we can pass through to log on. his is now with either remote.myDomain.org or remote.myNewDomain.org.uk

Note that Outlook will now not allow access now and users have to go via RWW.

Is the fact that I have not rerun the Internet address wizard to change to this new domain the reason?

Should I rerun this wizard and everything kick in?

Re: Had some trouble with Godaddy Cert.

An SSL Certificate is like a digital passport that confirms the holder's credentials for conducting business on the Internet. When Web users send information such as their names, addresses and credit card numbers to a website secured with an SSL Certificate, the user's browser validates the recipient's digital certificate before establishing an encrypted connection. This process protects information from outside viewing as it flows both to and from the certificate holder's website.

In May of 2004, Go Daddy started selling SSL Certificates for a fraction of the price that other companies were charging. Since then, Go Daddy has become the #1 provider of net new SSL Certificates according to Netcraft® (and prices are still only a fraction of what the competition charges).

The disparity in prices is amazing, particularly because all of Go Daddy's SSLs offer the same level of encryption and browser recognition. Plus, all Go Daddy SSL Certificates support an unlimited number of servers while most other companies' certificates support only one server.

Go Daddy also offers other certificate services: Certified Domains verify the identity of a website's owner and reassure visitors that the site is not fraudulent, and Code Signing Certificates protect software code from being copied or altered.

Go Daddy's business controls and practices have been thoroughly reviewed by an independent accountant to ensure they conform to the international AICPA/CICA WebTrust® for Certification Authorities Principles and Criteria.

According to WebTrust, "A WebTrust attestation engagement focuses on risk areas related to e-commerce activities and the appropriate policies and controls to manage those risks to the benefit of both the entity and the entity's customers. The end result is a more robust and secure system." The WebTrust review process, sponsored by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, culminated in Go Daddy's receipt of a WebTrust Seal of Assurance for Certification Authorities. WebTrust's distinctive seal of assurance displays on the Go Daddy website. All supporting documentation for Go Daddy's SSL Certificates can be found online in the SSL repository.

Re: Had some trouble with Godaddy Cert.

Thanks for that. I did not doubt the certificate itself but my error of not changing the Internet name first! Nearly repaired it all now.