Thread: How to install Windows Server 2003 on Dell Poweredge 2850

How to install Windows Server 2003 on Dell Poweredge 2850

Hello friends, I am attempting to set up Windows Server 2003 in our Dell Poweredge 2850. I require loading RAID drivers earlier than the server software, and I contain no floppy drive. By means of Server Assistant, and go through the GUI on the server set. When it comes to installing the operating system, which will stop out and let knows me to insert a valid CD W2K3 server. I tried to insert my CD W2K3 before the installation process begins, but the CD is locked. When I get the error, rejecting the CD and put on my W2K3 CD but will not restart the installation. What am I doing wrong? I tried several times, and the result itself. Previously had installed Linux, so this is the first time you install W2K3 server only. So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: How to install Windows Server 2003 on Dell Poweredge 2850

Do you have a USB flash memory? If so, download the driver, remove the USB Flash key. Then reboot and enter the F-installation. USB Flash Drive situates and change type of "Floppy". Save and exit, then restart the Windows installation from the Windows CD. Watch for "F6" at the beginning in the installation and when provoked press "F6" and load the driver for the USB key.

You can do as the above user have told you to do and it might help you to solve the problem, other than you can also do the slipstream drivers interested in the 2003 CD disc.

I attempted to utilize a USB drive as a floppy disk, other than it did not work, and I've checked the entire the options in the BIOS to read as a floppy disk. I did a number of researches through the forums and read that USB keys are not support, but floppies are USB. I purchased a USB floppy drive from Best Buy, worked like a charm. I also went through the stages of the creation of the conductors within an ISO installation CD 2K3, but decided that the floppy approach was much easier and faster.

It contain the entire the similar problem as expressed in this issue, and the only way to make Windows was installed using the Server Installation disk, and a USB disk (slipstream guess I could have a distro install, but had hand drive, so it was with that). I was able to get UBS to load all the time, but every time I tried to push the OS installation SBU would be placed on the stage pre-copy 53% (this is an EP - 1950, by the way). Therefore I downloaded the Dell PERC 5i/6i driver, and place them on a floppy, then the system is booted, went into the bios and made positive that the bios saw the USB drive, other than on the surface, I do not could 't see the USB floppy disk or anywhere. So I checkered the boot sequence and low and behold it was my USB drive, which was labeled "Front USB - USB Flashbuster 1" and found as a boot device, so I got up in the BIOS, and proceeded server to boot from the installation disk. Once the distro install began I was diverted, so I missed the F6, but not seem to matter because when she looked at the window installation, and happened to be loading the file percsas.sys, and not still include pressing F6. At this point, the installation was as common, and it was pretty painless, as a result it is easier to load a Dell PE-1950 with the installation disc of Windows Server that the actual installation disk is supposed to be used to server load

The installation utility is large and generally simplifies the process of installing the operating system, however, has some restrictions and requirements that sometimes makes it unsuitable for installation of operating system (or simply more work) ... Service Pack level, firmware versions, the source media / type - and some rarities for specific systems may affect its effectiveness. Do not let it scare you away from future installations, as it is often easier.

Well have the same opinion with you 100%, the installation on a HP server is a hell of a lot easier than this, and even with it’s built in RAID controller. Having to load this first installation disk is a pain.