Thread: iPhone activesync with sbs2003

iPhone activesync with sbs2003

I have been trying to get an iPhone syncing with SBS 2003. Exchange does have SP2. I have also tried an android phone and it does not work either. The server has never been tried to sync with a smartphone so I dont think it ever worked.

The Symptoms:
    The iPhone will create the account, but will not sync any data of any kind. The android phone will not even create the account, just says cant connect to server. The Microsoft online testing tool testexchangeconnectivity passes all tests, all green.
    What I have done:
    1. Reset the default iis directories.
    2. Install all Exchange updates and Windows security udpates.
    3. Bang my head on the desk.
    4. searched and tried many suggestions on the internet.
    5. Bang my head on the desk.
    6. OWA with IE works fine. Both SSL and non-SSL. It is a self signed SBS cert.

Is there any other ways to get some information about what may being going wrong? An iis log or exchange log or something?
    Anyone know what I can check?
    I would really appreciate some help, I dont know how much more banging my desk can take before it breaks. :)

Thanks so much

Re: iPhone activesync with sbs2003

Could you please check the file version of massync.dll file under the bin folder of exchange. If its not the latest then update it as per KB967046. Also check the IIS Logs on the Exchange Server and see what are the errors over there. You can double click on the hotfix, it would prompt for a password. The password would be present in the email where hotfix was attached. Once extracted, you can double click on the hotfix (from the directory where its extracted) and install it.

Thanks so much Expertz. YOU are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The hotfix fixed it. Imagine that !!

Thanks a million!!

I have this problem too, and I'd like to apply the hot fix, but the KB article doesn't provide a way of obtaining the hot fix. How do I get it? I do see that the version of the file I'm using, Massync.dll, is lower than the recommended one, but I can't seem to find the correct one to download.
    In addition to the issue of finding the hot fix, I tried to follow the directions for adjusting the number (by adding 128) via the MSC, but when I trie and boot the console, "command not found" so I can't follow that instruction.

Any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by peteraddison View Post
    I have this problem too, and I'd like to apply the hot fix, but the KB article doesn't provide a way of obtaining the hot fix. How do I get it? I do see that the version of the file I'm using, Massync.dll, is lower than the recommended one, but I can't seem to find the correct one to download.
    In addition to the issue of finding the hot fix, I tried to follow the directions for adjusting the number (by adding 128) via the MSC, but when I trie and boot the console, "command not found" so I can't follow that instruction.
    I would only say not to follow KB 817379 at this stage. Please check the file version of massync.dll file under the bin folder of exchange. If its not the latest then update it as per KB 967046 Also check the IIS Logs on the Exchange Server and see what are the erroes over there.