Thread: WSS 3.0

Wss 3.0

Since updating our SBS 2008 system we are not able to access company website. We see below error in the Application log.

The database ShareWebDb on SERVER\Microsoft##SSEE is not accessible to missing Windows Internal Database signatures.

I have tried starting Windows SharePoint Administration Service but for some reason it is not getting started. We get Error 404 whenever we try to access company website. I have tried repairing installation of WSS and have tried running the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard but then even that failed.

I have checked about the same and have found that the problem occurs when SPWebService service has not been fully provisioned. You can go through below atricle to get better idea of what i am talking about

"You receive an HTTP 404 error message when you browse the SharePoint site collections after a hotfix package or a public update for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is applied"

"How to troubleshoot common errors that occur when you run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard on a computer that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0"

Check them out and post back if you find them helpful.

You can try out below steps:

Go to Start > Run, type cmd and click on OK

Locate "Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\BIN" folder.

Once you get it enter below command and hit enter after after each command:
    stsadm -o provisionservice -action stop -servicetype spwebservice -servicename ""
    stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicetype spwebservice -servicename ""

When SPWebService service gets started, enter below command and hit enter.
    psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force

The final command will Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to get updated.

I have tried following the steps that you have mentioned above but after i run the below command:

STSADM -o addcontentdb -url http://chanserv -databasename
    ShareWebDb -databaseserver CHANSERV\MICROSOFT##SSEE

I get an error message saying

"The server instance specified was not found. Please specify the server's address and port

On the other hand below after running below command i get the same error message:

STSADM -o addcontentdb -url "http://chanserv" -databasename "ShareWebDb"

Is there anything that i can try out further to fix my issue???