Thread: Outlook keeps asking for password - Help Needed.

Outlook keeps asking for password - Help Needed.

I am using SBS 2008 Server. From last couple of days there is a problem with the connectivity. The problem only occur on a single client which is having Windows Vista SP2 on the same. The user has complain that each time he tries to access Outlook it keeps on asking password. The login details provided to him are correct. Then still the client pc is not accepting the same. The password dialog box just keeps on appearing again and again. And whne the user cancel the same for 4 to 5 times it start working.

From where the clients are trying to access the outlook. Is it inside the network or outside. That actually determine the type of solution required. Try to run Windows update once and I hope you will be able to find out some solution. I had got the issue long time before. And it was automatically resolved by performing Windows Update. I will also advice you to verify once the outlook settings and see whether it works fine or not. Just re-verify the user name and password.

There are some patches provided in the update. Called as Update Rollup 9. It was provided for Exchange Server 2007 SP1. I think you must run that. The problem just do not appear automatically. It can be due to Windows update. A number of time we do not verify the updates and configure them to install automatic. It is better if you do the same manually and add only what is needed. That makes your system work more better.

The problem lies with the login details. I do not think you are getting any issue with the updates or Outlook. It looks that the user login details are changed. And Outlook is still looking for the cached information. Did you tried to login with any other account. You can check that. Try to reset the account password and ask the user to login again and I hope that would remove the issue.

Check in Error log. You can find ample of description in it. It is necessary that you provide the exact error related to the same in Event Log. That information will help yo to troubleshoot the problem. There are some couple of KB articles which can help you more in fixing the issue.

Hi

You can short out your password prompt problem by following these steps -
    In your outlook just go to tool tab go to account tab then on opened window go to mail tab select the mail account and then go to its properties, on server tab tick the remember password check box.

It will solve your problem,
    If your mail box get corrupted or damaged then you can try Kernel Exchange Mailbox Recovery software from -