Thread: Server stuck on "Installing update 1 of 3...Please do not power off"

Server stuck on "Installing update 1 of 3...Please do not power off"

I am facing a problem with Windows SBS 2008. It stucked on a single place. The message on the screen is Installing update 1 of 3...Please do not power off. I cannot reboot the system also. Because last time I had did the same when windows was installing update. And the entire system crash. After several month I am landed to the same kind of problem. I cannot go ahead. Will it be safer if I forcefully turn it off. Last time there are many updates and this time there are only 3. The system does not looks like it is hang. There is still activity. It looks the update size is quiet large and it will take time to install.

It will be safer if you can leave the system as it is. Sometime due to some pending installation this stuff appear. But after hours if this screen does not move ahead then simply power off the system by holding the power key and turn the same on. You can directly go in safe mode and try to run system restore in case of any problem. Next time for this kind of updates just download it manually and install it in your system. I hope this will work.