Thread: The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match.

The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match.

Now my issue is common and I am sure that many are aware about the same. I am using a Windows SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007. It is working fine but I am getting some problem with certificate's. I am not able to configure them internally. I had not yet tried to buy the certificate from any third party source. I want to use the internal mechanism but not able to figure out why it is not working. The default settings are giving error like the certificate is invalid. I followed a web manual to configure the same and now landed on the error. I hope there will be some solution or stuff that can help to fix the issue.

You are getting the error because you had not able to join the domain properly. Have you tried using SBS Wizard. Does that work. Sometime due to common certificate name this kind of issue commonly appear. So first thing you have to do is join the machine properly and ensure that the root certificate will be untrusted. Once a workstation is properly joined with the domain get the root cert from dc and there will be no error like this. So you have to ensure that the connection is set properly and there is no error.

You can try out the following useful link that ample of information on your problem and I am sure it will help you out. The link has ample of detail and has proper guideline that will help you to distribute common certificate among the users machine.

How Do I Distribute the SBS 2008 Self-Signed SSL Certificate to My Users?