Thread: Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x8004010F operation fail

Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x8004010F operation fail

At office we have SBS 2003 R2 Standard running Exchange 2003 SP2. We have client workstations running with Vista Business SP1 and windows XP SP2 os. All these clients have Outlook 2003 SP3. Now the problem we are facing is workstations get error message saying:

“Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error 0x8004010F. The operation failed. An object could not be found.
    There was a related Outlook Sync log: Error MS Exchange offline address book, 0x8004010F.”

As troubleshooting I created a new email in Outlook but that resulted in making available Global Address List and populated. Also when previewing the Default Global Address list, in Exchange System Manager, the users and mail addresses are listed. I have no idea what should i do now.

Can someone please help me out here? Many thanks.

Well the error message you have stated above appears when your Offline Address Book (OAB) is not linked properly to the mailbox store. So go to Mailbox Store Properties Page under Exchange System Manager and click on General Tab. Here made sure the default offline address list is populated, if it isn't then populating it by clicking the browse button. Anyways, what I suspect is most probably your default offline address list is not set, hence when the users try downloading they wont find it and it produces the error.

RE: Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x8004010F operation

Thank you very much for the help Mauricio. As you suggested I checked my Offline Address Book and found it is linked properly to the mailbox store. Also the default offline address list is populated on General Tab. What now?

As far as I know such error also occurs if some address list or any incorrect address list is missing in offline address book. So just follow these steps, hope it helps.
    • You can resolve this problem when you view Properties in the Address lists setting in Exchange System Manager, expand the Recipients container then
    • Click the Offline Address Lists container, in the right side of the pane, right-click the offline address list object, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, verify that a valid address list is populated under Address lists. If a valid address list is not populated under Address lists, you must add one.
    • Click OK then right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Set as New Default if the offline address list object is not set. If you made any changes, right-click the offline address list object again, and then click

Re: Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x8004010F operation fail

MS Exchange server errors are not a big issues but your problem will be quick solve by this software. i used this software is vary helpful.
    thanks

Re: Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x8004010F operation fail

MS Exchange server errors are not a big issues but your problem will be quick solve by this software. i used this software is vary helpful.

thanks

mont the database in ms exchange 2007

Mailbox Database
    Failed
    Error:
    Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: EXCHANGE2007\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database; Error code: MapiExceptionSystemAttendantUnavailable: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=2430)

required solution

Re: mont the database in ms exchange 2007

Quote Originally Posted by arif185 View Post
    Mailbox Database
    Failed
    Error:
    Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: EXCHANGE2007\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database; Error code: MapiExceptionSystemAttendantUnavailable: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=2430)

required solution

In that case you can try out the below workaround:

• First take an offline backup and then open the command prompt and then type eseutil /mh "database path + name" so as to check out the shutdown is clean or not.
    • If you get "clean shutdown" status then move all the files to a save location and when you are done with the same then start the information store and mount the database.
    • If you get "dirty shutdown" status is then you will have to do a soft recovery but then before doing the same make sure that you are stopping the information store service so as to avoid mail from being processed.
    • Now Go in to the directory and execute “Eseutil /r E00” without the quotes where E00 is the 3 character code from the log file.
    • If that doesn't help then you will have to try restoring from an old database, of you want to do something extra with eseutil /p then follow the below steps:
      • First just use Eseutil /p for Running a hard repair on the database and then use Eseutil /d for Defragmenting the database, you can use
      • Isinteg –fix for checking out consistency of the database, you will have top also run Isinteg several times to get the summary report clean.

just check it out and then let me know if the issue is getting solve or not.