Thread: VPN connection problem

VPN connection problem on SBS

I need some help to work on VPN on Windows SBS 2003. I am not able to connect the same. It looks the server is giving us more trouble. I keep on getting error at the time of connection.The error is related to some pre-connect event. The connection is failed. The authentication is proper, there is no issue with firewall or security applications. Things are working fine, but still it is not giving the right output that I am expecting.

Run windows update. It think there is some issue with the connectivity. You must forward a port through security application. And basically it blocked by firewall only. I am also using vpn and at the time of first connectivity I was also getting the same issue. Later on I forwarded the port through router and things went fine. There is no problem with the same. I am able to access it. You have to keep a proper watch so that it does not get affected by any hack or threat.

VPN connection problem

I am trying to work on the same without ISA. I can connect to VPN but it looks that the SBS is not responding. The connection looks working, but on the other side I am not able to see the SBS screen. It works quiet fine in local network but the same is very annoying on web. I am not able to find out what is wrong with my connection. Also I had forwarded a dedicated port for the same and the connection is quiet active.

Re: VPN connection problem

I am going to post some perquisite that is necessary for vpn connectivity. It works both for wired and wireless section. First to get a proper connection your system requires proper IP configuration. That is managed by the DHCP automatically. So on the other end you will need to check whether DHCP is functioning properly or not. Later on you can run ipconfig to verify that your system has received appropriate configuration to connect to external network.

Re: VPN connection problem

To configure VPN respond properly it is necessary that you must manage the firewall. Sometime it is complicated to find the right firewall settings and due to that we land on such errors. The network service many not work properly at this point but somehow you will need to check out the documentation. VPN is not a complicated process. You need to ensure that everything is activated well to manage the connectivity.

Did you tried to enable or disable the vpn connection. You must try to do the same. I am giving you a link below which shows the appropriate message of dealing with problem you are facing. Slow vpn connection is one time easy to manage but connectivity failure is more complicated as we are not aware which thing is causing the problem. Did you tried some other client that has minimum security applications.

Enable or disable a virtual private network

I had seen a set of threads that are based on this issue only. I found that the problem only lies with DNS access on DC. You will need to check out the DNS server is working fine or not. OR else you will be more annoyed. Once the DNS is working fine the logon time on the SBS will be reduced automatically. There are ample of article on the web that can help you to establish a proper connection and it works very well.