Thread: Company web on SBS2008 service unavailable, IIS not starting

Company web on SBS2008 service unavailable, IIS not starting defau

We had configured CompanyWeb on our new SBS 2008 Server. But somehow it looks to be stopped working. I am not able to work on the same. I am trying to enable RWW on the same but still it fails. I am not able to figure out why it stopped working. While everything was configured properly and there was no issue with the configuration. The server was installed a week about and some recent changes has caused the 503 HTTP Error. I am getting constantly service unavailable problem.

It looks like some automatic services in the system is stopping due to which you are getting the problem. You have to find out the particular Terminal server which is failing. Somehow you will need to start all the services manually and then check again. The error appears when the associated server either fails to work or it does not respond. You can get more info on that in Error logs. It is better if you re-install each thing again and track the errors before. Go for manual windows update only.

Go to msconfig and check that. The services are failing. But that does not ensure the problem cause. There can be multiple issue. What are the recent software and windows update installed in your system. Try to remove them and then check again. There is a available manual on the official website of Microsoft that provide you a clear information on how to deal with this kind of issue. Always make a check list when you are reconfiguring the server. Did you tried CEICW.

What are you trying to say. Does your server is failing or there is a problem with a single service only. You have to check the permission issue. I think the problem lies with permission stuff only. There are chances that the server is not authenticating the services which is result of failure. Try to run IISReset command and that would help you more in fixing this kind of issues. There is no guarantee that the server will start working back properly unless and until everything is restored.

I had also faced the same issue before. It was not in a new server. It was in old one. Somehow updates caused IIS to stop. I was not able to communicate with any other workstation in the network that annoys a lot. I tried to reset all the settings but still it failed. There are series of thread on the web which have different kind of solution. It is complicated to apply each of them. I performed a clean installation and upgraded the server version. Things went fine.

There is one more thing that you can try. Try to modify the identify of one app pools to the local system or to the domain account and then see. I think that would start working. It is all permission problem that you are facing. You can find the detail of failure services in security log that gives you more info on the issue. So you must first try to start the app pools and then check back which of the services in the background are failing.

Whatever changes you want you have to ensure the admin rights. You must have full access to manage the settings or else it will not work. Go in CMD and then run the following commands.
    cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET
    W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Now once the command is executed properly you will need to restart IIS. That is not really required. But if you do the same the settings will be applied more properly.

Re: Rebooted to install hardware

Check the below link. It will give you a more valid solution and it works really well. The cause of issue mentioned is due to application pool. One of the member above had mentioned about the same. You will need to just manage some settings and the issue will be resolved. But it is correct that for making changes you will need admin account. Or else you will get error while applying changes. The link offers a HotFix . Download that and run it in your system. I hope the problem will be resolved.

You receive a "Service Unavailable" error message when you browse an IIS 6.0 Web page on a Windows Server 2003-based domain controller

Can you mention the exact error number. That would be more effective. The error code is capable of giving you the exact cause of problem or else you will be rotated from one problem to other. It is best if you can post the complete error log here and that will guide you in fixing the problem. If possible try to re-install IIS and other important components through SBS instlalation disc and then check back. That would be more effective.