Thread: OWA not working in SBS 2008

We have Windows SBS 2008 installed. The installation was carried out recently and we did not had any issue with the same. However, since installing it we are having issue with OWA . Whenever i try browsing OWA from SBS Console Shared Folders and Websites we get a blank white page with below error

Line: 7
    Char: 1
    Error: Syntax Error
    Code: 0
    URL: https//remote.mywebite.com/owa/auth/logon.aspx?
    url=https://remote.mywebsite.com/owa/&reason=0

Any idea what might be wrong in my case??

RE: OWA not working in SBS 2008

I am not sure but i think your Exchange might have got corrupted after update. I will like to inform you that latest Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 update has been rolled up. So in that case just cross check and see if it has been applied in your case or not. If not then you can try installing it, if yes then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Just make sure that you are installing latest release update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1. Also make sure that your CAS servers is updated before installing update for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack.

The latest latest Exchange Server 2007 SP1 rollup 4 was already installed. After your suggestion i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that dint made any difference in my case. Now there are numerous errors showing up in SBS Console along with the below ones.

Security Alert: Forefront For Exchange Server no longer working
    All Update Status are no longer functioning.

Is there anything else that i can try out further???

Give this a try and let me know if it helps:

On your SBS08 server, open IE window and try logging in to owa if you get the same error then try accessing OWA from the other client computer for verifying the issue. In case you don't have any issue in accessing owa from other client computer, then you can reset Internet Explorer (IE) & register files for IE 7.0 on your server. For that you can refer to below steps:
    • Click Start, type "inetcpl.cpl" without quotes in search bar and hit Enter.
    • Once you get the Internet options window, click on Advanced tab, click on Reset Internet Explorer Settings button and click on reset to confirm the operation.
    • When resetting process gets completed uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions" option, click Apply and click on OK.

I will suggest you to download and install SBS 2008 BPA tool for performing complete detection of the SBS 2008 domain.

You can refer to below articles as well.

Introducing the Windows Small Business Server 2008 Best Practices Analyzer

Best of luck.

Thank you all,

The OWA issue got fixed by applying Exchange Server Rollup 5.