Thread: sbs 2003 premium or standard

sbs 2003 premium or standard

I am looking for some help on comparison between SBS Premium and Standard edition. I am not able to find any exact information on the same on web. I can see both almost one and the same. Also it is possible to active SBS Premium using SBS Standard. I am going to upgrade my old server and stuck with the edition of SBS. Where can I get some appropriate information which can help me to find out the exact difference in features and other solution.

No you cannot activate a Premium server using the license key of standard server. It is complicated and it will not work properly. There are difference features among both the servers. You can find the difference between both the edition on the official website of Microsoft. There is a comparison chart available. It is always recommended to stick with the most latest edition as it is the best way to stay updated with new features provided.

The standard edition comes with minimal features. There is no complication in using the same. While premium edition deliver more additional option related to backup and storage. You can find a feature list on the official and then on that basis you can compare. You want to run a single server with minimum features then you can stick with standard feature. It works really well. There will be no problem with the configuration.

windows small business server standard edition sp1 serial number?

sir,
    i m gaurav gadhri
    i have windows small business server standard edition sp1 cds
    with written over it
    1204 part no.X11-02725
    i required d serial no can you help me out?

Re: windows small business server standard edition sp1 serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by gauravgadhri View Post
    sir,
    i m gaurav gadhri
    i have windows small business server standard edition sp1 cds
    with written over it
    1204 part no.X11-02725
    i required d serial no can you help me out?
    Well, from where did you get this windows small business server standard edition? If you have bought it then you should have gotten the serial key along with it and if you have downloaded and burned it in a dvd, then it is illegal to talk on such things, as it will be against the rules of the forums which could get you into trouble.

Re: sbs 2003 premium or standard

very well said but i think u misunderstand, i have d original 5 cd pack of windows sbs 2003 sp1, i lost my cd key so i thought u can help me out but i understand now this site is just to make people fool out of anything so i give u my email id and i can challenge microsoft for that i have their original cds if u want to verify u can.

Re: sbs 2003 premium or standard

Quote Originally Posted by gauravgadhri View Post
    very well said but i think u misunderstand, i have d original 5 cd pack of windows sbs 2003 sp1, i lost my cd key so i thought u can help me out but i understand now this site is just to make people fool out of anything so i give u my email id and i can challenge microsoft for that i have their original cds if u want to verify u can.
    In that case you will either have to call microsoft or download ProduKey which is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007), Windows (Including Windows 7 and Windows Vista), Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your computer.