Thread: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in

MMC has detected an error in a snap-in

I am having some issues with my Small Business Server and it is the same problem that many other people are getting but none of the solutions work for me. If I am opening Active Directory Users and computers Snapin then I am getting an error message that says "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in" "Report to microsoft and then shut down MMC" or "Ignore this error and continue running". When I am logged in as the administrator, this things happen only and I can access it fine in any of my other admin accounts but not with the built in admin account. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

RE: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in

To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:

1. For the Health Monitor MMC snap-in, select the Continue running and ignore errors with this snap-in for the rest of the session option in the error message dialog box.
    2. For the ISA Server 2004 MMC snap-in, install ISA 2004 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and the hotfix that is mentioned in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 930414.

More information can be found here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947532/en-us

Re: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in

On your Small Business Server you need to open Server Manager first. After that right click Features and then choose Add Features. Now try to expand the .net framework 3.5.1 features. After that you have to select the checkbox next to the .Net framework 3.5.1. Now you can click on Install to finish the setup. Hope this helps.

Re: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in

You can try to run the Hotfix from the below links. If there is Windows Server 2008 schema running in an active directory forest then the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in might also crash when you open the Properties dialog box for a user object from a Windows Server 2003 member server. Check the below link for more information.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946459

Error message when you use MMC 3.0: "MMC has detected error in a snap-in"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915797