Thread: Problem with Exchange SMTP connector

Problem with Exchange SMTP connector

I am facing problem with Exchange server. I am not able to send any email through it. I had configure my gmail account on the exchange server and it looks the gmail smtp connection is just queuing the mail. It is not at all sending them. While incoming mail is working well and there is not problem with the same. Everything looks to be working fine but somehow the outgoing mail is affected. Is anyone added gmail on exchange and what output you are getting.

There can problem with the smtp connection. I think you must better ask this question on the gmail support. There you can find out more information. I can only tell you to check that the connector settings are enabled. There are ample of site that offer you complete detail on reconfiguration and it works fine.

I am going to post the detail on working with Gmail SMTP server connection. I hope it would help you in many ways. For that you willneed to use smtp.gmail.com for the outgoing server. That is one of the common settings. Second you can keep authentication to yes and enable SSL. The last thing you will need to check is the ports. It must not be blocked. The default port which is used by outgoing server is 465 or 587. Just ensure that it is not blocked.

re: Problem with Exchange SMTP connector

Hey, just to let you guys know I am also having problems sending to gmail.com in the last few days. Perhaps it is something with their servers as all other external domains are working properly.

I've enabled all the maximum/detailed logging that Alejandro spoke about so I guess we'll see what comes up!

-Michael