Thread: Adding a terminal server to SBS 2003.

Adding a terminal server to SBS 2003.

I need some help to work with adding a terminal to the web server. I am not able to do the same. Now without leaving a workstation and running on different systems I can simply join to the sbs 2003 and configure aournd 10 remote users to the same. I am sure it will allow to me to manage all the configuration settings through RWW. So here I am having two options. Either I can go with Windows Server 2003 or with Windows Server 2008. I need some advice on the same. Which will be far more better here.

If you have a new edition of windows server then you must always go with the new one. It will give you more additional features in it. If you go with a older one then there will be a number things which will lack and will not allow you to access more stuff. Also compared to a older version I am sure that the new one is loaded with many new features. The configuration setup will also be a easier option. Compared to the remote app that is used on Windows 2003, the one which works on 2008 will be far more better. And the configuration will be also very easier.

For Windows SBS 2008 you will require Remote Apps or else it will not work. It is working fine and it is really correct that you must go with the most recent version of Windows server. Or else it will be a real waste of time. Windows 2003 server is recommended for those who love to work on older interface. While on Windows 2008 you get a much better interface and additional stuff. RWW is more simpler in this. All you need is a proper configuration settings. You can start with a test machine that will allow you create a manual setup and then move ahead. If still have a number of doubts on the same it is recommended to find out a working manual on it.

I found a guide on the web that has ample of information on the process that you are looking for. The link that I found below is for Windows Server 2003. You can still test the same on Windows Server 2008. It is necessary that you begin with a test machine and start configuration on the same. It is necessary that you must first check out the actual method and then perform final setup so that if there is any error you can easily troubleshoot the same.

Deploying Terminal Services in a Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Environment

It is necessary you begin the setup with a manual. There are certain perquisite that rae required before going with the setup. I found some more related information that ample of information on deploying windows server as a terminal. Under first link you can find out ample of information from how to begin from scratch in deploying the terminal. There are some set of things that are needed. They are Terminal Server , TS Web Access, TS Licensing, TS Gateway & TS Session Broker.

Using Terminal Services in Windows Small Business Server 2008

re: Adding a terminal server to SBS 2003.

This is my 1st pots. Please forgive for incorrect/ error/ inappropriate posting.

Have similar question. In SBS 2003 domain Premium, No ISA, 2 Nics, and WSS2. I alraedy have Windows Server 2003 based Terminlal Servers. One of these died and I am thinking of replacing it with Server 2008 based Terminal Server for takling advngtage of new / improved features. Just wondering about TS CALS Mixing Possibilities and any other issue/ advise I should bear in mind.

Thanks you.

Mohindar

re: Adding a terminal server to SBS 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by malhotra View Post
    This is my 1st pots. Please forgive for incorrect/ error/ inappropriate posting.

Have similar question. In SBS 2003 domain Premium, No ISA, 2 Nics, and WSS2. I alraedy have Windows Server 2003 based Terminlal Servers. One of these died and I am thinking of replacing it with Server 2008 based Terminal Server for takling advngtage of new / improved features. Just wondering about TS CALS Mixing Possibilities and any other issue/ advise I should bear in mind.

Thanks you.

Mohindar
    I would say that rather do a side-by-side installation than an in-place upgrade. This will give you reference point to check and compare whether the settings and properties you had for V2 are in your V3 installation. I guess
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en