Thread: Fixing URL redirect exploit at /exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll

Fixing URL redirect exploit at /exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll

After migrating to SBS 2003 we are facing some issue with redirect exploit. The alert was trig erred only after migration. After scanning the same with McAfee ScanAlert the url direct exploit error appeared. The scan found some user specified url and according to me there was no recent changes in the server. This is simply annoying to find the threat. I am worried about the server setup because the same was working on different server from 2005 and the exploit might exist in that which is caught by MacAfee in the new server.

I had gone through the same problem some couple of months ago. I was not able to find out where was the issue actually. I contacted Microsoft for the information but it looks that there is no much information available. The vulnerability does not has any technical solution. I am waiting for reply from microsoft and hope that there will be some good solution available that can guide me on the problem.

Did you tested the same. Means what happen on redirection. You must test that and try to find out how does the threat actually entered on the system. If you are having a good antivirus then there is nothing to much worry about the same. It works fine and there are also not complicated procedure to avoid the threat. You can rely on the antivirus that you are using. I think it is more than enough. But it is a matter of risk that such vulnerability lies in your system.