Thread: Client can not connect to WSUS server (error 0x80072EFD)

Client can not connect to WSUS server (error 0x80072EFD)

Maximum number of client computer connected to WSUS server is giving the 0x80072EFD error. While some new workstation which are configured recently are working fine. There are around 70 systems in the network in which 8 are new. All other are not working. How to fix the error.

There are certain things you can try. It looks the error is caused due to some new changes in the system. Go to your LAN setting and click on Automatic detect settings. Try to avoid manual settings for start. Second you have to bypass the windows update server tin IE. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Connection > Lan > Advance. Here add the ip address of your WSUS server. Now check that instead of using FQDN you are using the IP address to configure WSUS in GPO.

I had checked in Windows Update log but not able to locate anything in that. The reason I think is due to client side targeting which is not properly configured through Group Policy. Or simply the settings are not applied properly making it uncomfortable to work. Check that your Group Policy settings are configured properly and there are no flows in the same. In a client network I had seen this error which appear because the clients were point to old WSUS server address which is modified recently. Run wuauclt /detectnow.

Every client on my network is having the same error. There are certain troubleshooting things which can give you a temporary relief for sometime. run mmc and then add Resultant Set of Policy. This will give you the policies applied on each client. If anything is missing related to that client then the issue might be common. Also try running gpudate /force. And then go in event viewer to locate any new errors.