Thread: WSUS client not pulling all updates

WSUS client not pulling all updates

I have setup WSUS properly and it is working fine on scheduled computers, every weekend they restart with their patches. But when I am trying to bring a new server online, or have a special server where I run the patches manually, then I am getting some sort of issues. The yellow shield will not show up and even if it does, then not all the patches are listed. So, I just run the patches that are listed and the remaining ones do not show up either. I have waited for 1 day and still they are not showing up. Previously we were running some scripts and that used to work sometimes which I have listed below:

Script 1
    Wuauclt.exe /detectnow
    Script 2
    net stop wuauserv
    REG DELETE
    "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v
    LastWaitTimeout /f
    REG DELETE
    DetectionStartTime /f
    REG DELETE
    NextDetectionTime /f
    net start wuauserv

Script 3
    Wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

Can anyone please help. Thanks.

RE: WSUS client not pulling all updates

Alright, this doesnt seems to be a problem with the client. When I checked the windowsupdate.log then it shows the below entry:

Report REPORT EVENT: {F933F065-7A56-4480-B02C-2C1A47576AA7} 2008-01-11
    10:47:50:388-0900 1 147 101 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Software
    Synchronization Windows Update Client successfully detected 0 updates.

So, can anyone tell me how to check if the server is reporting this update properly? Thanks.

Re: WSUS client not pulling all updates

You can try to do diagnostics and see if that helps:
    First of all download and run the Client Diagnostic Tool and after that post the results.
    Now you have to export and post the registry key, subkey(s) and values at: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    After that if both [1] and [2] are 100% valid, then we'll inspect the contents of the %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log to see exactly what is happening during your detection event.

You can try to follow the troubleshooting guide for issues where WSUS clients are not reporting in. The guide is written to assist specifically in troubleshooting WSUS when clients are not reporting in. We will examine common troubleshooting considerations that needs to be looked at on the WSUS server only, not on the WSUS client, that you can read from here - http://blogs.technet.com/b/sus/archi...orting-in.aspx