Thread: How to move wsus 3.0 database

How to move wsus 3.0 database

Can anyone tell me how to move the WSUS 3.0 database to other disk since the C: is running out of disk space. I have installed the SQL server management studio express and it is not able to connect to the WSUS database. So does anyone know about it? Thanks.

Re: How to move wsus 3.0 database

You can try to follow the suggestions given on moving Wsus 3.0 database from this link - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx

Re: How to move wsus 3.0 database

I dont know anything about SQL Command that I read via the suggested link. It mentioned how to detach the wsus database, but it didnt have the information on how to attach the wsus database to a new location. Is there anyone who can give me some suggestions on using the SQL command? Thansk.

I am currently migrating WSUS 3.0 SP1 from Windows Internal Database to SQL Server 2005. I have followed all instructions in the Operations Guide, however I am unable to establish a connection with the Remote SQL Server.

All permissions are set as defined in the guide. When attempting to connect to the SUS server through the Administration Console, I am recieving an error message telling me that there is no SQL server running on it. This is correct, it is running on the SQL server, not on the SUS server. I am unsure how to proceed and I cannot connect when using the SQL server hostname either.

Has anyone else had these problems? The SQL server I am connecting to currently has a number of databases in the default instance. Would this be causing any issues?