Thread: WSUS3.0 Downstream replica WSUS servers showing Unapproved updates

WSUS3.0 Downstream replica WSUS servers showing Unapproved updates

After upgrading to WSUS 3.0 one of my servers are falling to update. I am getting unapproved status. But when I checked on upstream servers there was nothing listed. The issue occur on replica servers.

Re: WSUS3.0 Downstream replica WSUS servers showing Unapproved updates

Does the replica servers last time was synchronized properly. I am here talking about legacy updates. They are not working quiet well here. There can be chances that your upstream server might find a fall in updates due to which you can see the un-approve list.

Re: WSUS3.0 Downstream replica WSUS servers showing Unapproved upd

My systems are too showing un-approved updates. I am a bit shock to find this while all looks to be working well. Updates are not at all present on the downstream servers reports then also the updates are listed as unapproved. I had tried to sync the replica server a number of time, but there were no errors reported at the time of sync. Later on I found the issue exist from long time. After running WSUS clean up on main servers the updates which were listed are very old.

Running the cleanup tools must fix the issue. Those old updates must be cleared out. I am one of the guys how are dealing the same issue. I hope the updates are quiet not important. The issue lies on the replica server also. To deal the same I started with disabling the replica mode. Later on I declines all the legacy of those pending updates. Again I re-applied the same back again and then performed server cleanup. But nothing worked out. The cleanup wizard looks do nothing and there are around 200 unapproved updates on the replica servers. Those are not declining at all. Hope I can find solution of the issue here.

I am not sure about the issue that I am still facing. Does the updates really needed. They are detected as not installed and how can I approve them to work properly. The same thing here, those updates are listed as unapproved in the downstream server. In total there are around 60 updates which are listed. I had tried to change the update approval settings but there nothing much that we can do. One of my WSUS servers and other replica server show updates which are not needed. I had kept ample of settings on automatic. Is there a patch or some fix available that can fix the issue.

Re: WSUS3.0 Downstream replica WSUS servers showing Unapproved upd

It looks like the replica servers are not sync completely with the upstream servers and due to which you are getting the issue. Did you run Server Cleanup Wizard a number of time. I think the issue is created because of this. Try to do this. Match the GUID of updates on the upstream serve with the ids that are showing on replica server. Just ensure that they are actually the same.

I am sure the issue is due to Cleanup Wizard on the server. The issue then appeared on other replica servers also. The problem can be fixed when you remove WSUS 3.0. Run Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP1 setup to fix this. You have to check the box of database and log file and uncheck the box of downloaded update files. Restart your server. When it boots properly go to Upstream server and delete all roll up information. Run the setup of WSUS 3.0 SP1 with common settings and then save the update. The next process that remains is syncing the upstream server and approve the correct updates. Check your system report status.

Hello all.. I'm having the same issues. I need more detailed steps. I am not able to understand properly what is mentioned above.

It looks there are some services which are not functioning well in your system. There are some different ways to fix it. Re-installing WSUS, will allow you to make all the changes back again. There is no way by which you can re-install wsus using the old database. It is not going to help much. The Server Cleanup remains the only options that help you to deal with the issue.

The sync is not working here. Once the updates are approved, those must be removed from the list. First update the client through WSUS server. Then check for those which lies in unapprove list. You can find the kb numbers and download them from Microsoft site. Now you can import them from WSUS server. Now go in WSUS server and then on the left side right click on server name and then click on Microsoft Update Catalog. Search the update kb number and then you can download those. Import them and then check back.