Thread: MSDE and MSDE SQL SP4

MSDE and MSDE SQL SP4

I had updated MSDE to SQL 2000. I had added SP4 edition in the same. After running the setup.exe it ask me for the SA password. I had configured a weak one so that it will help me to fix issues in future. But when try that I am getting a error related to SAPWD. I cannot figure out the reason behind that. I want some help here to find out the default sa password for WSUS MSDE installation. Is anyone aware about that. I hope there will be any working documentation on it. And then only will be able to work on that.

What is the kind of error you are getting on your screen. Instead of fresh installation you must go with upgrade on the existing one and it is going to help you much. It will have restored your old settings and it is one of the easiest way to fix the problem. You can try searching on microsoft official site about the documentation on the same and there are chances of getting proper information. First of all there is no default sa password. I think WSUS MSDE installs because it does not comes with WSUS package.