Thread: Not able to register a client on WSUS server

Not able to register a client on WSUS server

Most of them here are a local community college through regarding a dozen of student labs containing 20 desktops in each one. The numerous of the labs' systems are not registering commencing from side to side WSUS. On one in discriminative, I ran the client diagnostic tool and did not observe several errors or failures. The WSUS runs for numerous of our computers, additional than there are isolated groups to facilitate do not seem to report in. Be able to anybody suggest how I might troubleshoot this.

re: Not able to register a client on WSUS server

If you desire to re-register Windows client/server in WSUS then you have to evaluation the undermentioned commands, you have to run "gpupdate /force" command on the Windows client/server with the intention of have encompassed a registration problem in WSUS. After that you have to Run "wuauclt /detectnow " command on the Windows client/server with the intention of have encompassed a registration problem in WSUS. You be able to utilize the Event Viewer to review the re-registration Troubleshooting Tools.

In rare cases, you might necessitate to run: wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow command. This command on the Windows client/server with the intention of have comprised a registration problem in WSUS.

I had just recently position up WSUS in a test environment commencing from side to side 7 servers containing the WSUS server. I had generated a GPO to facilitate specifies the position of the WSUS server and successfully applied it to the entire the systems. On the other hand merely 3 systems register in the WSUS server containing the WSUS server itself. On the entire the client computers I have encompassed and verified to facilitate the GPO was actually pushed out, checked the registry settings.

Additional than by no means it bother to essentially demonstrate up as a system in the WSUS console. So despite the entire with the intention of 4 clients do not come into view in the Computers group in WSUS, on the other hand they apparently be able to selfupdate commencing from the WSUS server on their own.

In this you have not to create a SID, necessarily it just presently occurs to do so for the reason that the SusClientID registry value has been deleted. The entire of the additional steps in the cited thread are inessential to the scenario or resolution to that problem.

As hinted in my preceding position, I suspect the similar problem as you. You had generated your six test machines commencing from the similar image(s), resulting in duplicate SusClientID values in the clones. As for your most recent server the similar basic diagnostic step tranquil exists most of them necessitate to inspect the contents of the WindowsUpdate.log to determine what the WUAgent has actually completed, or not been capable to do.

The first step determine to be to acquire the superior logfile to make sure C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log determine to give you actual WUAgent event information in sequence. The ReportingEvents.log file is just presently a summary of events position to the Application Event Log and sent back to the WSUS Server.

Busy working more commencing from side to side the WSUS and SCCM integration additional than to this date I not be able to observe several real benefit of utilizing the SCCM Updating Distribution compared to the standard WSUS management console. In addition I noticed to facilitate a number of settings are changed on WSUS when changed on SCCM regarding software to bring up to date.

Is there a number of general administration guideline on which console to utilize for managing software to bring up to date. Furthermore I had became aware of at the same time as my SCCM is totally integrated through WSUS the similar server WSUS does not seem to register additional clients. My GPO position to the correct server and port and I might observe a steady increase in client registration on WSUS console additional when I activated and configured the SCCM software to bring up to date the characteristic that seemed to have stopped.

All in the entire I am extremely perplexed as what administrative value the Software to bring up to date the characteristic commencing from SCCM presents as it seems to be merely suited for pushing out updates. This be able to be completed extremely well by WSUS as well and at least I have encompassed additional overview in the WSUS console as to what systems have encompassed checked in, what their to bring up to date status is, etc. I am working with SCCM 2007 R2, WSUS 3.0 SP2 and FEP 2010 the entire on Windows 2008 R2.